Texas speed headers

I hear you!! Hehe pun.....

I have not installed them yet as i am having a hard time decuding what setup to run. I may just say screw it and get magnaflow catback.

I have the 1 7/8 American Racing with the ORY. They are just sitting at home back in Texas waiting for me when i get off work for a brake in between projects.

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

Now that you say that I think I saw your saying that in one of the other threads...how you've got parts waiting for you at home. I gotchya tho. I've currently got 14" magnaflow ran same route as factory with flapper/resonator removed. I feel like headers will make that thing scream. Might be switching to an 18". We'll see how things go. Take some vids when you get them installed!

Now that you say that I think I saw your saying that in one of the other threads...how you've got parts waiting for you at home. I gotchya tho. I've currently got 14" magnaflow ran same route as factory with flapper/resonator removed. I feel like headers will make that thing scream. Might be switching to an 18". We'll see how things go. Take some vids when you get them installed!

See i am thinking 14" magnaflow with a race bullet muffler to act as a resonator catless all the way to the stock exit location with some corsa style tips 3" all the way

Only setups that seem to be on YouTube are corsa catback with headers nothing custom

See i am thinking 14" magnaflow with a race bullet muffler to act as a resonator catless all the way to the stock exit location with some corsa style tips 3" all the way

Only setups that seem to be on YouTube are corsa catback with headers nothing custom

Yea I hear you. Just when you think YouTube has everything, the one specific video your looking for is nowhere to be found. That's definitely how I felt when I was looking for exhaust videos when I was trying to figure out what exhaust I wanted to run. Finally got the magnaflow and made a good video of it.

Anyways, I would absolutely love if I could get my truck to sound like this Ram. I know every truck sounds different, but he's got 14" mag and longtubes on there so it's gotta be close.

If you listen to this video do it with headphones or on good speakers. Sounds great.

• Like 1

Yea I hear you. Just when you think YouTube has everything, the one specific video your looking for is nowhere to be found. That's definitely how I felt when I was looking for exhaust videos when I was trying to figure out what exhaust I wanted to run. Finally got the magnaflow and made a good video of it.

Anyways, I would absolutely love if I could get my truck to sound like this Ram. I know every truck sounds different, but he's got 14" mag and longtubes on there so it's gotta be close.

If you listen to this video do it with headphones or on good speakers. Sounds great.

At least keep it in the family!!! Haha tgat ram does sound good...

This is kinda what i want... I know its a 6.0 but the revs at the very end just give me the giggls

https://youtu.be/kvI7GmKqkm8

At least keep it in the family!!! Haha tgat ram does sound good...

This is kinda what i want... I know its a 6.0 but the revs at the very end just give me the giggls

https://youtu.be/kvI7GmKqkm8

Link isn't working.

Edit...Now it does. Truck does sound good

Edited by Kerrslight

Link isn't working.

Works for me.... Ugh hence why i call it tapashit...... Lol

Youtube search "2005 ss silverado carven"

It should be the first video

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Bump this up.

Wondering if anyone has installed Texas Speed Headers and Y?

If so, how they holding up, was the fitment spot on?

Catted Y setup is $859 vs $1300 for Kooks, so wanted to see how they are holding up.

Edited by Rawyzf

Bump this up.

Wondering if anyone has installed Texas Speed Headers and Y?

If so, how they holding up, was the fitment spot on?

Catted Y setup is $859 vs $1300 for Kooks, so wanted to see how they are holding up.

Just keep saving your coins and buy AR's.

RT

Yes...ARH's, Kooks, Stainless works bolt right up to the stock exhaust or aftermarket systems.

RT

As does Texas Speed. [emoji4]

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

Just keep saving your coins and buy AR's.

RT

We'll see how long I can wait [emoji4]

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

My dad runs pacesetter on his 08 vmax, I have Texas speed on my 01 5.3 that's lifted 12" with a new front driveshaft, I ran pacesetters on my 08 4.8 and now run Texas speeds on my 14 6.2. All fit perfect, no problems at all and made Good power. I've ran magnaflows on all of em. My 01 has an 18" Maggie, my 08 had a 14" Maggie, and my 14 has a 22" magnaflow and I'll say it's perfect combination between loud when you want and quiet when you want.

• Like 1

My dad runs pacesetter on his 08 vmax, I have Texas speed on my 01 5.3 that's lifted 12" with a new front driveshaft, I ran pacesetters on my 08 4.8 and now run Texas speeds on my 14 6.2. All fit perfect, no problems at all and made Good power. I've ran magnaflows on all of em. My 01 has an 18" Maggie, my 08 had a 14" Maggie, and my 14 has a 22" magnaflow and I'll say it's perfect combination between loud when you want and quiet when you want.

Great post, thank you.

Do you happen to have any pics of the TS on your 14 6.2?

Crap, sorry...Texas speeds were on my 08, pacesetter on my 6.2 lol. I can get pics here in a bit. I love em, and my dad has had pacesetters on his for 5+ years with no signs of rust. I like my TS on my 01 and my 08. They just hadn't made them for the 14s yet when I was ready to buy so pacesetter it was. Fit was spot on and I must say, the power with the 6.2 is pretty dang fun. I'll get pics here in a bit.

One thing I will say is the clamps supplied with the pacesetter y-pipe are junk and to get lap style v-bands. Everything else, perfect

Edited by country_09
  • Like 1