Thoughts on Delete

IMO

It surprises me how many of you want to tune or what ever to get more power, speed out of your truck. I run them stock and have great longevity.

If you wanted to go fast or have more power, buy a muscle car, that's what it's for.

Just say-in.

Edited by diyer2

I have the fass 95 which is good to 600 hp, and my ppei tune on the 120. i don't know where ya'll live but in my 6 years at a dealership i never saw one injector pump failure warranty or COD. i did however see many emissions related failures which is why my truck no longer utilizes any of it.

• Like 2

I have the fass 95 which is good to 600 hp, and my ppei tune on the 120. i don't know where ya'll live but in my 6 years at a dealership i never saw one injector pump failure warranty or COD. i did however see many emissions related failures which is why my truck no longer utilizes any of it.

The problems tend to be blown out of proportion especially with the CP4.. Imo

Back in the late eighties and nighties the diesels pulled ok but the empty drivability was a drag. We did the mods, banks gear venders etc. They were easy to mod and cheap to rebuild and reliable. The new diesels are powerful and fast stock, if I was still in the need for one I would just buy the extended warranty and trade in when it was expired. They are way too expensive to take the chance on theses days. I realize the draw for the HP and TQ you can get out of them today is intoxicating, the cost for replacement is too high. Messing with emissions in some states is pretty high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was doing anything to a newer diesel, would primarily be shutting down EGR. I could care less about the downstream stuff. Watching over the years the effect of having a diesel eat its own feces, and that is my primary concern. And diesels require EGR coolers, just one more thing to go wrong. A tune that would just shut down EGR would do it for me. No EGR, no EGR failure. Not sure a dealer could even tell. That is what I did to a 2006 Jeep Liberty diesel. Just tuned out the EGR. Far less soot generation, cleaner oil, and about 3-4 mpg gain. Simple $400 tune without turning a wrench.

Some heavy diesels it was simple. Some of them had coding that if operated above a certain elevation, the ECM would shut down EGR. Just convince the ECM that one is operating at a high elevation all the time and the EGR would never open. That was on the Detroit 60 14L. Too bad they all aren't easy work arounds like that.

Edited by Cowpie

was just confused on the message you were trying to send.... Don't do the work because of the weak fuel system? 14k is a lot

That's the problem, do you delete and risk having no warranty IF the fuel system goes or do you risk it and delete and never look back.

Myself I cannot stand the emission issues and would delete the minute the truck for home, I would spend the money for a stroker CP3 conversion though while I was at it.

• Like 1

I would head over to duramax forum.com.. Lots info over there.

Nobody is publicly saying what is happening with the next duramax.

So far all we have is rumors and speculation. (wife's uncles cousin that works at ...)