Lift Size and tire size

kyminer

​I have a question I currenty running factory ride height and factory wheels which are 17-7.5 31mm offset with 265/70/17 tires and I bought American racing ar708 17x8.5 21mm offset and I want to run 285 17 tires with them nothing real aggressive just something like all terrain like cooper at3 or toyo geolander AT tires . I know I have to do a leveling kit. ive been look at two different ones the ruff country 2" leveling kit which just goes under the bottom of the shock and a 2.25 ready lift leveling kit which goes under the shock and on top of the shock tire .. what would be the pros and cons of each and can I get by with just a 2" or do I need the 2.25 lift to clear ever thing and no rubbing.. I have a 5.3 motor will I miss whole lot of power and fuel mileage ??? please help ...

I have a 2012 Sierra with the 5.3. I did the RC 2.5" levelling kit and have tons of room with a 285/70R17 Goodyear Duratrac on stock wheels. Rides just like it did before except for the 10 ply tires added a little roughness to the ride but nothing huge. Lift went in easy and had no problems. Haven't noticed any real change in fuel mileage and I even have my tool box in the back now for summer. I can attach a picture in a bit for show.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Archived