Traded 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 for a 2016 Ford F150 Lariat

As foghorn said, if it were to happen to me the the 5.0L would be it... I wouldn't want to gamble with the ecoboots..

Fords are expensive.. Never understood their pricing..either way it's an interesting topic..

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That "article of doom" he linked to said there were only 30 reports of shaking to the NHTSA, out of how many trucks? 100,000+?

Sometimes I wonder how many posts like this are made by competitor employees or PR firms.

There are lemons with every brand, had a 2002 Ram that was my favorite truck of any I've owned. That thing was bad ass. And it went into the shop once a month with check engine light, always a different problem.

Do I think Dodge trucks are all bad? No. Have never bought one again, but I'm sure they're the same as any others for reliability. (and we've had a Dodge Challenger for 3 years with no issues)

Congrats, the new Fords are certainly much nicer than the outgoing generation, I sat in a few at the auto show.

It's funny how things shake out. I used to be a hardcore Ford guy but, had so many problems I lost interest in the brand, besides the terrible headlights I had in the 2014 Sierra I loved it and had no problems, I have no issues with my '16 Silverado.

Congrats on your new truck & sorry you had problems, curious & just asking do you belong to any F**d F series forums? (if not you should join today), as I'm sure they will here all about your GMC POS problems you had & what a great truck you have now...Congrats again!

Good luck on the new truck. Sounds like you got the 502A upgrade which does have a lot of niceties but adds $7K to an already expensive truck. You are right the GMs don't have that level of technology even on the HC and Denali. The Ford 501 trim is more inline with what GM equips their truck with. Anyways hopefully you don't get a vibration or rust with your ford, but looking at F150.com there are plenty of owners over there that complain about those issues as they do here, so hopefully you have better luck this go around. So what made you go with a GM 9 months ago vs the Ford?

I've had good and bad experiences with both Ford and GM pickup trucks. I choose a new vehicle because of the looks and features. I personally have preferred gm's for the past few models. Both manufactures want to deliver a product that will be trouble free for the purchaser. Any new vehicle I've owned gets fixed if it does not work as intended. There are times I have been motivated to switch repair facilities due to a lack of confidence but not brands!

Congrats Man!

My wife has a 2013 Explorer Limited that is fully loaded.

She loves it. The Adaptive Cruise Control and other technology in there are quite nice, I will admit. (she doesn't let me drive it much LOL).

It has the Sync 2 (previous version) and while glitchy at first, it is now super smooth.

Enjoy your purchase...when I factory ordered my 2016 Sierra, the F-150 was the second choice for me.

The new f150s have really grown on me. My buddy put a 2.5" level on his 2015 f150 and managed to squeeze 35's under it. He has a 2.7 ecoboost but I would have opted for the 5.0 personally, heard of many issues with the ecoboosts getting moisture in the intercooler and people loosing boost

o this thread will be great !

your the first person ive heard say sync 3 is light years ahead of mylink , ford switched to blackberry qnx with sync 3 , just like mylink uses , and nuance voice for HMI , just like mylink

sync 3 is easily the worst looking and most boring system on the market , that seems to be the knock in every review , i personally like the uconnect the best , my wifes 15 grand cherokee limited is just ..... wow

as far as trucks go , good luck with it , ive had zero problems with my 15 , mylink connects everytime in 2 seconds , no vibration ever , no drone ... i guess everybody gets a bad apple now then , some people get alot of bad apples , makes you wonder is it the trucks or them ....

Yep meet too. No problems with my 15 either. Well now I guess you can head over to the f-150 forum and start dogging out GM. Don't really understand why people post they are switching brands. Do it on the ford form.

runsdeep, on 02 Apr 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:

Congrats on your new truck & sorry you had problems, curious & just asking do you belong to any F**d F series forums? (if not you should join today), as I'm sure they will here all about your GMC POS problems you had & what a great truck you have now...Congrats again!

No, I am not on a Ford forum yet. I am not sure why you think I should bash GM on a Ford site. I joined this forum to discuss GM problems, had them and selected another vehicle.

Fole75, on 02 Apr 2016 - 05:41 AM, said:

As foghorn said, if it were to happen to me the the 5.0L would be it... I wouldn't want to gamble with the ecoboots..

Fords are expensive.. Never understood their pricing..either way it's an interesting topic..

I got lucky with this one. $4000 below invoice, so it is comparable to my discount on the 2015 GMC Sierra using a military buying program. I agree that in general Ford trucks are very expensive. Dealer paid high end of Kelley Blue Book trade value on my GMC, so in the end a good deal.

That sounds like one last bitch post about the GMC.. LOL That's too bad. Mine puts a smile on my face everytime I get in it! 26k miles and still no trip to the dealer.

Archived