Traded 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 for a 2016 Ford F150 Lariat

Yeah that sport button is kinds of cool too. See this is what I mean by little things they think of.

Anyway I love the people that have taken this personal. :0)

well why would you come on a Gm truck site and talk how bad your GM is? And then say how you got an f-150 and how much better it is. Not personal... Just not real smart!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I test drove 2015 XLT CC 5.0L before I bought my current 2015 GMC sierra. I liked it but wasn't blown away and the Ford was only $4000 cheaper.

I drive a 2014 Ford XTR ext. cab 5.0L. There are 12 other trucks out here like it, to be honest I would almost wager on an Ecoboost. We have had 8 separate engine issues which required head replacements, yes these are all 5.0s.

Good luck on the truck!

I would be interested to know what the technology package is that puts gm to shame? I went to the ford website to check out the truck and all it says is lariat package. Is the lariat the equivalent of the SLT?

The infotament system on these trucks is shit....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I don't know, mine seems to be just fine. But then again, I don't have the expectation that i have a high powered tablet strapped to my dashboard.

The infotament system on these trucks is shit....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

the problem is not that he traded it in i respect all makes and models. my issue like others is that he is bashing GM yet there are many of us including my self who never had a single problem he has had. but apparently ford makes only perfect vehicles and theirs NEVER have a issue. for that i say congrats on your new truck, and i hope it doesn't break like many other fords my buddy just did the same thing you did but went from ford to chevy all vehicles have issues. good luck pal.

I outfitted my Sierra with every available package option except the Texas Value Package. I purchased a similiar setup in the F150. It has adaptive speed/cruise control, 360 degree camera, blind spot monitor system, cross traffic monitoring system, brake assist for collision avoidance, Pro Trailer Backup Assist, semi-self parallel parking, remote tailgate, rain sensing wipers and automatic high beams.

The MyFord Sync 3 infotainment center is like running a MacBook Pro next to GMs "See and Say" by PlaySkol. Sync 3 dials phone numbers within seconds, immediately pulls up Navigation information, has HD radio, better processor and touch screen, a 5 year free subscription to SiruisXM with Traffic & Weather Updates, etc.

Everyone has a personal taste in how they interface with technology on vehicles. But, Ford is light years ahead of GM at this point

I will not buy the next gen Sierra Denali if they don't have more options that is for sure. I would have loved to have additional safety options and one of my biggest complaints.

Does your truck have the sensing fob where you don't have to take it out to unlock the doors?

I will not buy the next gen Sierra Denali if they don't have more options that is for sure. I would have loved to have additional safety options and one of my biggest complaints.

Does your truck have the sensing fob where you don't have to take it out to unlock the doors?

Yes and keyless.

Congrats man! Any plans/mods you have in my mind for it?

His first mod is going to be finding a reliable beater to drive around when it's in the shop for repairs because, you know, it's a Ford ;).

His first mod is going to be finding a reliable beater to drive around when it's in the shop for repairs because, you know, it's a Ford ;).

lol...a guy I work with was dogging me out when I bought my GMC.. He bought a new f-150. Guess what?? 2 weeks later it was at dealer for 5 weeks. I told him he should have ford make his first payment. Lol

• 1 year later...

I drove several Ford F-150's as well as Chevy Silverados and GMC Sierras. I had a 2002 Silverado Z71 that I put 224000 miles on. Nothing major done to it, I found a killer deal on my '14 so I stuck with the brand. That being said, my wife has a 2011 Mustang GT that has been and continues to be an awesome car. It has needed nothing except the back up camera line was pinched causing the cam to go out. Buy what you want, maintain it, hopefully you dont get a lemon!

The trends and typical topics in these threads make me wonder if I'm the only guy to ever also have a really really good experience with Dodge. I shopped between Chevrolet and Dodge when I bought my truck and if I ever trade I would again strongly consider them.

Archived