Headlight Illumination Issues

I have 5 pairs of brand new headlights coming this week. Both sle and slt. I will be putting FXR projectors in all of them and putting up for sale on a first come first get basis. But this will get the opportunity for a nice exchange/rotation program going like I used to do with the nnbs when they first came out. Few weeks and I will post up when they are ready for sale.

FastWS6TA appreciate what you're setting out to do what our heads up there blank engineers & bean counters couldn't do. Imagine buying a maxed out 15 Denali approaching the 60K figure with these piss-poor lights.

I know many here say their lights are great, good, etc.; but I know there's many who would disagree. That bring said could a survey be started about the headlights be started on this forum?

Additionally does anyone know where Sierra owners could complain about there headlights? Not there dealer, nor GM, some government safety agency who might be able to investigate the complaints? Other than the poor lighting I love this truck.

• Like 1

As mentioned, I am down on them. However, I have to believe they have to be 'safe' as it relates to DOT regulations. I am shocked this never came up when they were testing this with focus groups. I thought all new vehicles were tested with focus groups. I have got to believe they will be improved soon. I guess us 'early adapters' will be stuck with what we have. Or go aftermarket.

Hey Im coming from a Jeep Wrangler and these lights on my Sierra are far better than that of the Jeep. You want crappy lights, sit behind a wheel of a wrangler at night. I guess its all what your used to.

This. I also came from a Wrangler and it's a big difference. Are the Sierra lights great? No, but they're definitely not "unsafe." I wouldn't mind swapping in HIDs, however.

It blows my mind how people exaggerate the headlights thing.

Could they be brighter? I mean sure, for 50K why not throw in some HID's. In that respect, I totally understand it.

However, to be screaming out that they're unsafe, etc etc, what are you going on about? I came from a 2004 Saturn Vue and a 2001 Acura EL. Let's all take a step back here for a second!

Again, yes I will probably upgrade to HID's eventually, but the stock lights are not as bad as some of you are making them out to be.

• Like 1

If you are stock height then 1-1.25 up works really well. If you are leveled in the rear/front then down .75-1 is about right.

I went with the higher output HIR bulb and adjusted mine and they are fine. I just wish I would find a 4500-5000k HIR headlight bulb and fog light bulb for a more pure white color.

What brand bulk do you use? I'm waiting for my 2500 to come in and will prob want to change headlights to a more pure white color. Do not like the yellowish tint

I think that a lot of issue is that most people have never had projectors in their trucks before. I totally get that. It is a big change. My wife bitched like crazy when she got her first Acadia years ago. She hated the headlights. Said it only lights half the road. Lol. Granted these lights pale in comparison to something like an FXR or even a Morimoto mini, but they aren't horrible. I have had customers call and complain about FXR projectors before. "Dude, I can only see like half what it is front of me". Lol. Or they think the lights are aimed at the ground because they just don't get the point of what it is for.

Edited by FastWS6TA

I think that a lot of issue is that most people have never had projectors in their trucks before. I totally get that. It is a big change. My wife bitched like crazy when she got her first Acadia years ago. She hated the headlights. Said it only lights half the road. Lol. Granted these lights pale in comparison to something like an FXR or even a Morimoto mini, but they aren't horrible. I have had customers call and complain about FXR projectors before. "Dude, I can only see like half what it is front of me". Lol. Or they think the lights are aimed at the ground because they just don't get the point of what it is for.

I agree once I got use to them I don't even realize the difference anymore.

They can't be to dim I had a car in front of me stop the other morning and the driver came back to yell at me for my brights being on.

I just looked at him then said maybe you need to go see an eye doctor.

Then flipped the high beams on and he just looks and goes oh...

Then told him you are the only person to ever complain about my lights I haven't even been flashed by on coming cars.

Made me laugh when he got back in his car and drove off.

Lol you people are nuts complaining about these head lights. YES, for the 60k I dropped on the truck, it would have been nice to get the HIDs that came stock on my 35k Acura but these aren't cars people. They are trucks and they are built within legal requirements for produced lighting.

If you're honestly convinced the lack of light produced is endangering you then either A) start test driving your new purchases at night or B) cough up the $100 for a cheap kit from like DDM and go HID.

Edited by bladz1454
  • Like 2

Lol you people are nuts complaining about these head lights. YES, for the 60k I dropped on the truck, it would have been nice to get the HIDs that came stock on my 35k Acura but these aren't cars people. They are trucks and they are built within legal requirements for produced lighting.

If you're honestly convinced the lack of light produced is endangering you then either A) start test driving your new purchases at night or B) cough up the $100 for a cheap kit from like DDM and go HID.

Pretty much

Pretty much

I know this for a fact...in my 2009 and my 2012, I could see deer a ways off to the side of the road. now...that sum bitch needs to be damn near be sticking it's head out into traffic while standing on the shoulder...don't get me started about rainy misty weather. They are nowhere near as efficient as my 2012, it was like using a spot light.

I don't care about the Kelvin color of the light so people can get a hard on about how great my truck looks...I know it looks good!

New to projector technology, yep.

Cheaped out LAMP technology by GM, you betcha.

Pass DOT MINIMUMS? Obviously.

Get used to it? Eventually.

Like it? Hell No.

Spend money I shouldn't have to upgrade a poor functioning item on a $50k plus truck? BEGRUDGINGLY

I'll try to post some comparison picks at night with my Bosses 2013 Sierra SLE versus my 2014 Sierra SLE All Terrain in our work parking lot.

• Like 2

I have 5 pairs of brand new headlights coming this week. Both sle and slt. I will be putting FXR projectors in all of them and putting up for sale on a first come first get basis. But this will get the opportunity for a nice exchange/rotation program going like I used to do with the nnbs when they first came out. Few weeks and I will post up when they are ready for sale.

Put me on your list please, and PM me when you are ready. Thx.