Headlight Illumination Issues

I went with the higher output HIR bulb and adjusted mine and they are fine. I just wish I would find a 4500-5000k HIR headlight bulb and fog light bulb for a more pure white color.

Keep in mind that the Sun is yellow. Yellow is the best color for our eyes to see farther and easier. White looks like it sees farther, but it doesn't and casts shadows darker plus tires your eyes out faster. That's one reason so many car lights are somewhat yellow. And why hunting glasses are yellow. You just see better. Color temp of the Sun is about 5780K. Anyway, just something to think about...

Edited by Nargg

I have 5 pairs of brand new headlights coming this week. Both sle and slt. I will be putting FXR projectors in all of them and putting up for sale on a first come first get basis. But this will get the opportunity for a nice exchange/rotation program going like I used to do with the nnbs when they first came out. Few weeks and I will post up when they are ready for sale.

Any for sale yet?

I know this for a fact...in my 2009 and my 2012, I could see deer a ways off to the side of the road. now...that sum bitch needs to be damn near be sticking it's head out into traffic while standing on the shoulder...don't get me started about rainy misty weather. They are nowhere near as efficient as my 2012, it was like using a spot light.

I don't care about the Kelvin color of the light so people can get a hard on about how great my truck looks...I know it looks good!

New to projector technology, yep.

Cheaped out LAMP technology by GM, you betcha.

Pass DOT MINIMUMS? Obviously.

Get used to it? Eventually.

Like it? Hell No.

Spend money I shouldn't have to upgrade a poor functioning item on a $50k plus truck? BEGRUDGINGLY

I'll try to post some comparison picks at night with my Bosses 2013 Sierra SLE versus my 2014 Sierra SLE All Terrain in our work parking lot.

Wow, someone else who feels exactly like me!

• Like 2

They do suck big time my 77 vette has better lighting they are working on a fix for them I've seen the emails to my dealership it's just a matter of time so call customer care and voice your concerns grease the wheel in the mean time I did a 30" led so I could see something at night

• Like 2

Wow, someone else who feels exactly like me!

Me too, and I've had plenty of projector equipped cars in the past. Deer are impossible to see standing on the edge of the road now. Nearly everyone who rides with me at night has commented on the light output, including my father-in-law who would never drive another truck other than a GMC.

• Like 1

I'll be aiming mine up today this only seeing half the road shit is a joke.

A cruel one!

The guys that say they are fine, obviously never get outta town.

• Like 1