How much rake stock?

Just wondering if anyone had pre-leveling measurements?

My 2015 z71 double cab sits at 36.25" in front and 39.25". I planned on getting the rc 2.5 lift level, but it seems the front won't be level even before adding the rear spacer. Then I thought about a motofab 3" front, 1" in rear for a bit of rake, but heard 3" might be too much for the front ball joints.

Anyone have a large amount of factory rake (3+ inches)? What was your solution?

Thanks!

FWIW, my 2015 Z71 Regular cab measured 36.25" front and 40" rear on the drivers side. Not sure if you have the aluminum block in your rear suspension like I had, but removing that yields a 1 3/8" drop

Did you level it? Since you have almost the same rake I was curious as to your solution.

There is a lot of information and opinions on this forum regarding your question. I believe that if you level your truck so that the top of the front and rear wheel wells are equal distance to the ground your truck will look nose high.

• Like 1

There is a lot of information and opinions on this forum regarding your question. I believe that if you level your truck so that the top of the front and rear wheel wells are equal distance to the ground your truck will look nose high.

Ding...ding...ding.. we have a winner. If the top of both wheel wells are level the truck will look nose high. You have to measure top of hood and top of bedrail then look at how much to lift the front.

Ding...ding...ding.. we have a winner. If the top of both wheel wells are level the truck will look nose high. You have to measure top of hood and top of bedrail then look at how much to lift the front.

Interesting. I know everyone uses the wheel well measurements. Guess I'll need to do some more investigation.

Interesting. I know everyone uses the wheel well measurements. Guess I'll need to do some more investigation.

You are right that this is "interesting". It is a matter of personal preference and the positioning of your vehicle. Unless you can afford some "trial and error" installs then I recommend more investigation. My wife doesn't always share my "priorities" so I want to get it right the first time! I would go with a 2.5" level if I was adding a 2" block to the rear. (I believe stock block is 1.25"). I would only go this high if I was going to go to 33" tires. I was set (until yesterday) on a 1.5" level with and a slightly over stock tire size. My dealer currently has a truck in the showroom with a 2" bottom of strut spacer and upgraded stock size tires. To me, this is a perfect look! It looks great without my neighbours thinking I'm going through a late mid-life crises!

I'm probably the only person on here who likes the factory rake. It reminds me of my 91 Silverado as they raked them as well.

But as for changing ride height on other vehicles the tape measure only ever comes out once I find a profile I like.

By that I mean I take the tires off set them just off of the studs.

Then raise and lower the back and front until I like it then measure so I can order the parts to give me what I want.

I'm not sure why people buy stuff then decide they don't like it after the fact.

A set of adjustable jack stands and a couple of jacks is all it takes.

I'm probably the only person on here who likes the factory rake.

Nope, you are not the only one. I personally do not like the levelled look as the top of the truck box is lower than the hood on this body style. Put a bit of weight in the back and it looks like a dog dragging it's *** on the ground.

If I were to do anything it would be a lift and level with a 2.25" in front and a 3" in back.

I like a bit of a rake as well for functionality and looks. I also like a bit of height in the front of a 4x4. A little lift (1.5 - 2") of the front end won't reduce your load carrying ability or necessarily cause your truck to squat. If you want to maximize the lift from a level kit (2.5" - 3") and maintain load carrying integrity then rear blocks will be a solution.

• 5 years later...

Have done some research and wanted to follow up with a question regarding my truck (shown here)...after taking measurements (from ground to edge of wheel well) Im noticing a 3" difference from front & back (36" in front, 39" in the back) and when looking on RC website, it looks like the standard level is 2" -- they also have a 2.5" level kit as well but the price jumps $100

Why is the 2.5" kit so much more money and am I even looking at the right one? Any help from someone who has done this before is super appreciated!

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-leveling-lift-kit-1305-10.html?find=2018-chevy-silverado-1500-4wd-739610#278=516

ML Chevy Silverado.JPG