shake/viberation at idle

first post to this board hope someone has had similar problem and a solution. i have a new 2015 gmc sierra 6.2 denali with 9000 miles that at red light shakes seat console at a stop in gear its intermittent but gets worse longer day goes. I can bump into neutral it goes away in park goes away in drive shakes at a stop. Took to dealer put washers in both mounts did nothing to solve issue.Took back said they re programmed the torque converter not sure about that one , it did nothing to fix problem. Any ideas? Should i push for new trans and torque converter? thanks john frustrated owner

Even with a truck with 9000 miles on it? Idle at 500rpm in drive at stop light seems low hopefully a go gm tuner will work anyone now of someone good at this that can raise rpm from 500 to 6 or 700 rpm? Thanks john

• 2 weeks later...

Love my truck...hate the idle. Of all the small complaints I have, this one really grinds my gears. Mine is similar to yours..except it happens every 2-3 seconds. Having the air conditioner on or off makes no difference, nor does engine temperature. I know GM is trying to eek out every ounce of fuel economy they can, but at the expense of a smoothly operating engine?!? The idle is just plain set too low. Irks me that I would have to resort to an aftermarket tune to correct it. I miss being able to get under the hood and turning a screw on the carb to fix it (though I don't miss all the other bs that went with having carburetors!)

I have a 2015 Silverado 6.2 with 38,000 miles. I started to get a vibration every 3 seconds also but it was only happening at highway speeds.I was also experiencing a slight shudder when the truck shifted gears.

I took it in to the dealership and was diagnosed with a bad torque converter.

Parts were on back order and it took six days before the parts came in.

I never really noticed the truck having the vibration at idle though.The new converter smoothed a lot of the shifting and transmission random clunks.

Two days after picking up the truck the passenger window regulator cable broke.Smfh.Of course I was 1800 miles over the 36,000 mile warranty.

Edited by Fishbait

• 3 years later...

Service bulletin number

PIP5211E

June2016

Rough idle in park and drive

This solved my problem, but get both new engine mounts replaced and make sure they put the washers in, the mounts were defective from manufacturer (internally broke), and they are grounded out on the frame by crappy design from GM. The mounts sit directly in the frame. 

Hope this helps!

E

SB-10080684-2280.pdf

Have the same problem with 18 Tahoe. They installed new mounts which helped but I still felt it. Got the diablo sport i3 tuner and raised idle to 600. No vibration. Then I said what the hell, decided to get a Diablew tune. It’s been great. Love how the truck responds. He also changed transmission shift points and they are firm and fast now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...