Qwank's 2017 Regular Cab Z71 build

qwank

Just now, Nasty said:

What gauge is that? I like that

It's basically an Autometer Sport Comp II with a Bowtie on it. What sucks is they don't make a wideband with a Bowtie, so I'll have to use a regular Sport Comp II when I add those. 

DSC_1487.thumb.JPG.2bfc1de8eedea4675198ef9de838bccd.JPG

4 minutes ago, qwank said:

It's basically an Autometer Sport Comp II with a Bowtie on it. What sucks is they don't make a wideband with a Bowtie, so I'll have to use a regular Sport Comp II when I add those. 

DSC_1487.thumb.JPG.2bfc1de8eedea4675198ef9de838bccd.JPG

Its to bad i cant find a gauge with like 10psi max. Since i wont be running much boost iwant to ser the needle dance ?

• Like 1

Just now, Nasty said:

Its to bad i cant find a gauge with like 10psi max. Since i wont be running much boost iwant to ser the needle dance ?

same here, that's why I went with the 20 PSI model.  I have a 30 PSI gauge in my Pontiac G5 because I needed a white face with red numbers and that was my only option, but the needle hardly moves at 6 PSI 

I know these aren't popular on our trucks but I got this for $63 shipped on Amazon.  It was listed as used in excellent condition. Looks new to me.  For that price I'l try it out and see what it looks like.  

Street Scenes Roll Pan 

rollpan.thumb.jpg.0f9482613c9187146c76275690fca5d1.jpg

1 hour ago, qwank said:

I know these aren't popular on our trucks but I got this for $63 shipped on Amazon.  It was listed as used in excellent condition. Looks new to me.  For that price I'l try it out and see what it looks like.  

Street Scenes Roll Pan 

rollpan.thumb.jpg.0f9482613c9187146c76275690fca5d1.jpg

Ive been looking at them as well. Change the look up a bit. Im curious of the fitment

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nasty said:

Ive been looking at them as well. Change the look up a bit. Im curious of the fitment

I most likely won't install it until the spring. I have a lot of mods piling up that need to get done. This cold weather makes me so lazy. 

2 hours ago, qwank said:

I most likely won't install it until the spring. I have a lot of mods piling up that need to get done. This cold weather makes me so lazy. 

I understand that.  I had to force myself yesterday to put my stock 17s on. 

• 2 weeks later...

4,779 miles.  Installed the roll pan today.  I traded my old bumper to my buddy in the body shop for the labor.  

It fits ok.  It took him a lot of heating and massaging to get it to look decent but I'm happy with it since I was expecting it to look worse from what I've seen online.  

Debadged the tail gate lettering too

rollpan2.thumb.jpg.871e6e01369fb4b5000c6a1722b6efbe.jpg

rollpan3.thumb.jpg.693603722a4b118604a0ab5344489ae0.jpg

rollpan4.thumb.jpg.ac91c6764117b0664bf77d72b540d9e7.jpg

rollpan5.thumb.jpg.14804119bc2bf4524edb52bb925e0900.jpg

Edited by qwank

14 minutes ago, Nasty said:

How does the rollpan mount? And where are thr plate lights?

It's double sided tape all around and we put two screws under the tailgate to hold it on.  I'm going to make two brackets to support the bottom like I did on my other truck.  The spare tire will fit with trimming,  the bumper comes marked where to cut, But I opted to just throw the spare in the bed.  

I forgot to grab my plate lights before I left for work, So I drove home with one of the originals hanging out of the tire hoist hole. LOL I'm using the plate bolts that have built in LEDs.  I'll wire them up this weekend.  

I wasn't planning on installing this yet but my buddy in the body shop hit a deer with his '18 LS last week, so I gave him my rear bumper, old grill, and headlight covers, and he already had a front bumper so he can color match everything on his truck.  He's also going to to do some fiberglass work on under side of my Corvette from where my rear axle busted through at the track,  So It was a good trade for me.  

Nice truck and write up qwank!

Looks like you take pics at the same gas station huh..LOL!!

I love the way your truck sits, perfect height I think.

You guys lost me in all the audio install jargon...I'm with grumpy!

As for my Audio, I had a custom true dual exhaust installed as well as custom mufflers, unfortunately my neighbors aren't happy with my morning cold start up, or my afternoon drive home...oh well!

Can't wait to see that SC installed and whining!

Oh...I love your States motto!

One of these days I plan on going there to attend a Sig Sauer training class!

Edited by RDKILL
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 5:39 PM, qwank said:

Time to start wiring it all up. DSC_1140.thumb.JPG.6158fcef70a644c72dae518308ae0745.JPG

Old post but i just deaneded anddid ensolite on the rear wall.  How did you attatch the mlv to the ensolite? Mlv is the last thing i need and the rear wall is done