No Brakes after getting Brake Booster replaced

2015 GMC Sierra All Terrain- 19,000 miles

So I complained to dealership about brake pedal squeaking, driver seat moving, and bad xm reception. Truck was at dealership for 8 days, pick it up tonight after hours (I have a real job, can't get there during service hours).

They replaced seat bracket, xm antenna, and brake booster.

But now, I barely have any brakes. I push the pedal to the floor and I come to a soft stop.

So my question is, is there anything I can do to fix this myself? is there an adjustment on the brake booster that I can adjust, or do I need to bleed brakes?

I have no faith in the mechanics at this dealership, so if I need to go back, I will be going somewhere else.

Thanks for any help

PS: Hertrich GMC service in Seaford, DE sucks big huge monkey balls and needs to be put out of business

I would make sure the vacuum line is hooked up to the booster. The booster is separate from the actual hydraulic brake system, usually in the past I have been able to separate them without needing to break open the brake system.

If you are only replacing the vacuum booster, you do not have to remove the brake lines, just the two nuts that hold the master cylinder to the booster. You simply move the master cylinder out of the way to remove the booster.

If you are only replacing the vacuum booster, you do not have to remove the brake lines, just the two nuts that hold the master cylinder to the booster. You simply move the master cylinder out of the way to remove the booster.

Exactly what I said, to replace the booster there is no reason to break the system open.

when you separate the master cylinder from the booster, there is an O ring that normally gets sucked into the booster. It is very narrow and fits into a groove in the master cylinder. Your tech probably did not even notice it. Without it the brake pedal will go to the floor with very poor braking...remove the two bolts, pull back the master cyclinder and check for the O ring....

Hello irish4life8911,

I sincerely regret to hear that your dealership experience has left you disappointed, as we strive for our customers to have complete confidence in their vehicle as well as their servicing dealer. We have documented this occurrence within our system, however, we can certainly reach out on your behalf to readdress your braking concerns. Feel free to send us a private message including your VIN, contact information, mileage and dealership. We want you to continue enjoying your Sierra SLT to the fullest!

Happy Holidays,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

• 2 weeks later...

2015 GMC Sierra All Terrain- 19,000 miles

So I complained to dealership about brake pedal squeaking, driver seat moving, and bad xm reception. Truck was at dealership for 8 days, pick it up tonight after hours (I have a real job, can't get there during service hours).

They replaced seat bracket, xm antenna, and brake booster.

But now, I barely have any brakes. I push the pedal to the floor and I come to a soft stop.

So my question is, is there anything I can do to fix this myself? is there an adjustment on the brake booster that I can adjust, or do I need to bleed brakes?

I have no faith in the mechanics at this dealership, so if I need to go back, I will be going somewhere else.

Thanks for any help

PS: Hertrich GMC service in Seaford, DE sucks big huge monkey balls and needs to be put out of business

But, did they fix the squeak? Found I can hear mine squeak a little if I turn the radio off, so I'll keep the radio on and my brakes continue to work great.

Archived