Already annoyed.... Help please!!

My truck has 600 miles on it and I'm already not thrilled with Chevy.... again. I'm coming from a 2015 Tahoe that was a piece of junk.

On my 2017 Silverado, I changed some of the VEHICLE (Comfort and Convenience) settings last night, like auto seat recall, reverse tilt mirror, etc. Got in the truck this morning and I didn't like them. Partly because my seat memory isn't saving. It keeps recalling to memory 2 for some reason.

So I have my truck running and am in park, and go to change them back..... Only option under Comfort and Convenience is CHIME. No scroll option or anything, the other settings are just gone.... WTF?

I also hate the park assist in this, compared to my Tahoe. Anytime it's cold out the Park Assist goes crazy and doesn't work right. Last night I was backing up and the front park assist was going off for no reason until it shut itself off apparently. Then I couldn't turn it back on.

Chevy has zero quality control and it shows... For me, it's 2 "expensive" vehicles in a row. Maybe I'm just that lucky.

as far as the comfort settings go read the owners manual and maybe find the default setting

park assist always does that there are countless customers at my dealer coming in with ice frozen on their sensing areas you cant control it... unless you have a garage....

• Like 1

The definition of insanity - When you keep repeating the same process but expect different results.

So all new trucks will have the exact same issues? I guess I'm missing your point in using this cliche phrase.

My truck has 600 miles on it and I'm already not thrilled with Chevy.... again. I'm coming from a 2015 Tahoe that was a piece of junk.

On my 2017 Silverado, I changed some of the VEHICLE (Comfort and Convenience) settings last night, like auto seat recall, reverse tilt mirror, etc. Got in the truck this morning and I didn't like them. Partly because my seat memory isn't saving. It keeps recalling to memory 2 for some reason.

So I have my truck running and am in park, and go to change them back..... Only option under Comfort and Convenience is CHIME. No scroll option or anything, the other settings are just gone.... WTF?

I also hate the park assist in this, compared to my Tahoe. Anytime it's cold out the Park Assist goes crazy and doesn't work right. Last night I was backing up and the front park assist was going off for no reason until it shut itself off apparently. Then I couldn't turn it back on.

Chevy has zero quality control and it shows... For me, it's 2 "expensive" vehicles in a row. Maybe I'm just that lucky.

my memory seats kinda were the same as yours.. i got 2 key fobs with my truck from the dealer...when i tried to set it up on the original fob, it wouldn't work, so i grabbed the spare fob... for some reason my truck saw the spare fob as #2, and the original fob as #3... so i don't use preset 1... i'm stuck on preset 2... its not bad.. since i'm the only driver...so i dont sweat it..

• Like 1

I have a friend that owns a Chevy dealership in a different town so I keep getting this crappy brand. But it's not convenient to take it to his dealership for service. And why would I need to be taking brand new vehicles in for service anyway??? At least that's my mindset. You're right, I am insane apparently.

You may try your other key fob to unlock the truck to address the memory seat/mirror settings. One setting is for each fob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I will try that. My main concern is why my settings have disappeared.

Thank you. I will try that. My main concern is why my settings have disappeared.

I haven't had that happen, but I know I had programmed setting "1" for seat and mirrors and was using key fob "2"; kept unlocking the truck and the seat would be in a position that looked like an elf was in there driving. Once I switched fobs I was good. Good luck on the missing settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I can't figure out how a feature works, I refer to the manual that came with my truck. After following the directions and the function is, or appears to be, malfunctioning I take my truck to the nearest dealership service department for assistance. I would not allow any new vehicle under warranty to be a piece of junk. I have purchased new vehicles (not necessarily GM) which have had an inordinate amount of warranty work required, but I always drive vehicles that operate properly. I am particularly concerned about how a vehicle holds up after the warranty period has expired. For me, GM's have always excelled in the long haul! Your Tahoe and Silverado are both great vehicles. The frustrations you have experienced can be fixed.

• Like 2

I have a friend that owns a Chevy dealership in a different town so I keep getting this crappy brand. But it's not convenient to take it to his dealership for service. And why would I need to be taking brand new vehicles in for service anyway??? At least that's my mindset. You're right, I am insane apparently.

The brand as a whole I would hardly consider crap since there are countless people out there with GM products, like myself, who have had zero issues with their trucks. Its unfortunate you seem to keep getting trouble vehicles though. I would suggest checking the owners manual as previously suggested on the seat adjustments, could just be a step that was missed.

• Like 3

This is from the manual... Last night I had all the options, this morning, I have only CHIME VOLUME.

Comfort and Convenience

Select and the following may display:

• . Auto Memory Recall
  • . Easy Exit Options
  • . Chime Volume
  • . Reverse Tilt Mirror
  • . Auto Mirror Folding

If you're not happy with GM products, then don't buy them! Your friend wont go out of business! Go buy a Ford or a RAM or a Toyota.

That being said, I've found that most electronic bugs in these trucks can be fixed by shutting the truck down then restarting. They behave more like computers than cars these days. And believe me, it's not just GM. My wife has a Honda Pilot that hiccups once in a while.

I think the next truck I'm going to buy is going to be a late 1970's K 1500. I'll drop in a 454 with a 4-barrel carburetor...slap on a 6 inch lift and some 35 inch swampers....should be a good time, and no computers or gadgets to deal with!

OP has couple minor complaints and it is a crappy brand, funny since most people have no issues (as with every brand there will be those that have bad luck) as mine has been pretty much perfect. You don't like it move on, joining a forum to complain and insult isn't helping your case. Maybe you should make friends with a Ford owner or better yet a Dodge, ya let us know how those trucks are doing, they all have a laundry list of complaints...

These threads sure get old, hope you get what ever it is you were looking to get out of joining here!

Tyler

• Like 5