FS:2014+ Silverado/Sierra: Custom Plug and Play Harness for DL8 to DL3

pgamboa

Just wanted to bump this thread for another satisfied customer of the plug and play harness. Phil (pgamboa) was great to work with and his harness was perfect! I wouldn't have even tried this mod without his help. Very happy with how it came out. Thanks again Phil! 0051ad0af07aa8b1ce8e8514197c8833.jpg491451fdc7861eb8731855589b0803b5.jpg1856bfd888effb74b9a9767bbb12b8a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Love seeing these upgrades and success stories!

Want to upgrade your DL8 Mirrors to DL3 Mirrors?

I have another Plug and Play - Harness Set - Ready to ship!

• Like 1

Hey pgamboa... Been debating on doing this mod. looks great. I currently have 2016 Silverado 2500HD LT midnight edition with black towing mirrors. I'm going to buy the power fold towing and would like to try your harness. Have you dealt with any 2500HD trucks yet? I'm willing to be your test subject and make it work on my truck. I believe I also need to change my switch as well on my door panel. thank you

• Like 1

Hey pgamboa... Been debating on doing this mod. looks great. I currently have 2016 Silverado 2500HD LT midnight edition with black towing mirrors. I'm going to buy the power fold towing and would like to try your harness. Have you dealt with any 2500HD trucks yet? I'm willing to be your test subject and make it work on my truck. I believe I also need to change my switch as well on my door panel. thank you

Hey there. I have helped several LT 2500HD members. I would need a picture of your door connector. Fairly certain you'll have what you need for a successful swap. Mostly 2014 and early 2015 had trouble as the connector in the door hinge (body side) was the culprit for not having the pins loaded - this requiring the RZY Harness.

If you open the Driver Door. You'll see this boot/connector. Remove this connector. I don't need a picture of the connector itself but would need to see its mate. With the connector removed, use your phone and try to take a couple of shots (might need more than one to capture all the pins) that show the pins.

9241dc2a3b32d76f1fafbd7ced17c90c.jpg

a6b2839ef513dfbfb711a466a7345858.jpg

5343deccb87609e85a626d6f5c2581e7.jpg

38b98dbf43c457891b29aaa241f8125c.jpg

Here is what it would look like:

e505257083d43c5494988647c29aa13e.jpg

These are the pins we are looking for:

8251c0b6d4291a3991b341198cac5b0a.jpg

Edited by pgamboa

Oh wait - you already have (Non-Folding) Towing Mirrors and all you want to do is upgrade to Power Folding Towing Mirrors? If so, all you would need is the Power Folding switch. The Fold circuits should already be pinned in your harness.

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 1

Thanks pgamboa, i'm currently on base this week and i will take photos of the wiring for you this weekend. Hopefully, it won't take a lot to get this done. Thanks again

Does your current mirror have the Turn Signal, Cargo Lamp, and Park Lamps already operational?

• Like 1

Does your current mirror have the Turn Signal, Cargo Lamp, and Park Lamps already operational?

Yes everything is operational. The dealer installed the harness and non fold trailer mirrors as part of deal in me buying the truck. It came with the basic mirrors with the truck.

Edited by PapiChuloNica
  • Like 2

Yes everything is operational. The dealer installed the harness and non fold trailer mirrors as part of deal in me buying the truck. It came with the basic mirrors with the truck.

You should be good to go then.

Additional harnesses back in stock! If you need a custom Plug and Play for either upgrading your Standard DL8 Mirrors to DL3 Mirrors or to Towing Mirrors, let me know. I can fix ya up!

Another happy customer of the pnp harness!! I must say they work like a charm and look just as good as the originals that I pulled out of my truck but beyond the great pnp harnesses and the looks and functionality the best part of it all is the support u get from Phil (pgamboa) he's always there when u need him regardless what time it is and what ever the question is he will find a way to answer the question and give you the best solution!! I will definitely recommend this pnp harness to anyone that asks worth every penny!! I did both harnesses and added the circuits for auto dim rear view as well as the circuits to add the folding module (ordered 3 and wrong ones) lol... so I'm waiting on that. But over all it's all working like a charm!! Thanks again phill for all your help and guidance!!

• Like 2