FS:2014+ Silverado/Sierra: Custom Plug and Play Harness for DL8 to DL3

pgamboa

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi pgamboa, 

I'm brand new to this forum and I hope that you're still active and making these wire harnesses. I have a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT. I have the standard small mirrors and have just picked up the full size towing mirrors. What would I need to replace the small stock mirrors with the full size towing mirrors? 

• 1 month later...
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to start this thread as a continuation from my DL8 to DL3 Mirror Conversion here.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/190736-2016-silverado-lt-dl8-to-dl3-mirror-conversion-finally-complete-3/page-1

Based on the 6 months of research in the above thread, feedback from many of the members here, and observing behavior of other member's experience...

I am now able to officially offer a Plug and Play Harness Solution for those that want to upgrade their Standard DL8 Mirrors to the DL3 Mirrors on their 2014* - 2017 Silverado/Sierra Trucks (LT/SLE Trims).

DL8 Mirrors - Power Adjust, Manual Fold, and Heated
DL3 Mirrors - Power Adjust, Power Fold, Heated, Auto Dim (Driver's Side), Turn Signal and Puddle Lamps

This has been tested on the following models:

2014* - Silverado/Sierra LT/SLE - 1500* (Known issue with Puddle Lamps - Diode mod workaround required)

2015 - 2017 Silverado/Sierra LT/SLE

Please see Vehicle Acceptability for Retrofit Document Here. Keep in mind that this document is intended for Towing Mirrors, but based on feedback, they seem to follow similar acceptability requirements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4eldhgg2x8i10q/Camper%20Mirrors%20-%2023371780.pdf?dl=0

There might be additional wiring needed for other trucks. If you decide to purchase the harness anyway, I can assist as much as I can. However, there is no guarantee that it'll work without BCM/Memory Module Calibration (and if that's even possible), or additional wiring for missing circuits in the inline door hinge connector. Also, if you are outside of the compatibility requirements, I would need some additional information/photos of your truck connectors to determine if this harness will work or not.

The Plug and Play Harness will be pinned for the following functionality.

Turn Signal
Puddle Lamps
Power Fold***
Auto Dim (Driver's Side)****

***For Power Fold, you will need a new Mirror Adjust/Power Fold Switch - Part # 23154702.

****For Auto Dim (Driver's Side) - You will need to add a Auto Dim Rear View Mirror AND run the additional (4) Circuits needed to the X51L Fuse Panel and X61A Junction Box. Please see thread here for details.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/192050-a10-inside-rearview-auto-dimming-mirror-conversion-dd8/?hl=a10+mirror

The Harness Set for both Driver and Passenger is $225 Shipped (lower 48) via PayPal (as Family and Friends). I ship USPS Priority Mail 2-3 Day Shipping. Once you receive the Harnesses, Install, Test, and Confirm all is operational, you have the option of shipping me your Stock DL8 Harness for a $40 Core Refund.

dc1fed58c14b4614aa2ce60b209a5256.jpg

Aloha,

I am very interested in purchasing a harness set. What do I need to do to move forward? Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this is an older thread, but does anyone know if you buy the DL3 mirrors off another truck that has all the functions and get there factory harness that was in the truck will all functions work? Or do you still have to buy the custom harness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is an older thread, but does anyone know if you buy the DL3 mirrors off another truck that has all the functions and get there factory harness that was in the truck will all functions work? Or do you still have to buy the custom harness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trucks that came with power fold and puddle lamp mirrors are wired slightly differently. If you hook the mirrors and stock harness up to your truck all of the functions will not work properly. You're still going to need Phil's custom harness.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, emarcum said:

HI! I want to upgrade my mirrors to the powerfolding mirrors … which brand do you suggest? will I still need your harnesses? the truck is 17 Silverado, LTZ Z71 with 6.2 gas motor.... thank you!

Boost auto is who I just ordered mine from. Very fast and easy to deal with.