FS:2014+ Silverado/Sierra: Custom Plug and Play Harness for DL8 to DL3

pgamboa

Another happy customer of the pnp harness!! I must say they work like a charm and look just as good as the originals that I pulled out of my truck but beyond the great pnp harnesses and the looks and functionality the best part of it all is the support u get from Phil (pgamboa) he's always there when u need him regardless what time it is and what ever the question is he will find a way to answer the question and give you the best solution!! I will definitely recommend this pnp harness to anyone that asks worth every penny!! I did both harnesses and added the circuits for auto dim rear view as well as the circuits to add the folding module (ordered 3 and wrong ones) lol... so I'm waiting on that. But over all it's all working like a charm!! Thanks again phill for all your help and guidance!!

Thanks Jesus953555! Glad to see/here another success story!

I do have another Custom DL8 Harness set ready to go. Let me know if you have questions about upgrading to DL3 Mirrors or Towing Mirrors. I can make it truly Plug and Play for you. I also make them for Towing Mirrors if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pgamboa

Hey all. One more of many success stories and praises for pgamboa. :thumbs:

I just completed the full monty of upgrades to my 2016 GMC Sierra 1500: heated steering wheel, DL8 to DL3 upgrade and A10 rear view mirror upgrade to get the auto dimming function. Everything worked correctly on my first try. It was all thanks to the detailed instructions and support from pgamboa over 3 months of preparations. If you are thinking of doing any of these mods or have any doubts, you can’t go wrong with his instructions, products and support. If you have any questions he is extremely quick with his responses.

Regarding the door harness, I elected to try the DIY kit and add the needed wires to my own harness. It is a quality kit and fairly straight forward, thanks to pgamboa’s instructions. The only issue is it was a bit time consuming. The mirror swap from start to finish with the DIY kit it took me about 6 hours. I accidentally put one terminal in the wrong slot, but was super lucky to rig up a tool and extract it. If I had the completed harness I would have completed both doors in less than 3 hours. In fact the most difficult task of the mirror upgrade was removing and installing the door harness and the most time consuming was the install of the wires from the kit. I’m a bit anal like pgamboa and wanted my harness to look as factory as possible.

Looking back I think I made the right choice in the DIY kit versus the completed harness. I’m more the type that’s derives satisfaction from a successful completion of the task and the journey. However, if you are the one that is all about saving time, simplicity, don't trust your finer skills and want zero risk with the harness go with the completed harness.

Bottom line. do it! You cant go wrong.

Cheers to Phil. :cheers:

:flag:

• Like 2

Hey all. One more of many success stories and praises for pgamboa. :thumbs:

I just completed the full monty of upgrades to my 2016 GMC Sierra 1500: heated steering wheel, DL8 to DL3 upgrade and A10 rear view mirror upgrade to get the auto dimming function. Everything worked correctly on my first try. It was all thanks to the detailed instructions and support from pgamboa over 3 months of preparations. If you are thinking of doing any of these mods or have any doubts, you can’t go wrong with his instructions, products and support. If you have any questions he is extremely quick with his responses.

Regarding the door harness, I elected to try the DIY kit and add the needed wires to my own harness. It is a quality kit and fairly straight forward, thanks to pgamboa’s instructions. The only issue is it was a bit time consuming. The mirror swap from start to finish with the DIY kit it took me about 6 hours. I accidentally put one terminal in the wrong slot, but was super lucky to rig up a tool and extract it. If I had the completed harness I would have completed both doors in less than 3 hours. In fact the most difficult task of the mirror upgrade was removing and installing the door harness and the most time consuming was the install of the wires from the kit. I’m a bit anal like pgamboa and wanted my harness to look as factory as possible.

Looking back I think I made the right choice in the DIY kit versus the completed harness. I’m more the type that’s derives satisfaction from a successful completion of the task and the journey. However, if you are the one that is all about saving time, simplicity, don't trust your finer skills and want zero risk with the harness go with the completed harness.

Bottom line. do it! You cant go wrong.

Cheers to Phil. :cheers:

:flag:

Thanks for sharing your success story! Glad we are able to work together to get this done. I enjoy working with someone who also enjoys relishes on the satisfaction of taking on the task and the journey.

With that said - My inventory or harnesses and DIY Kits will begin ramping up this weekend.

If you need a custom harness for upgrading - DL8 - DL3, DL3 - Towing Mirrors... let me know!

Thanks!

• Like 2

Huge thanks to Pgamboa !! He helped me through the install from the factory power fold small mirrors to the OEM power fold tow mirrors on my 2017 GMC Sierra Denali !

As far as I know I'm the first 2017 to do this and it works perfectly !!!

I can't thank Phil enough for the help and troubleshooting along the way !

You rock man !!

Before w/ small mirrors.

1f5fccdadc21f78eb8ad90f6e0279c24.jpg

After with the Boss mirrors lol

53376998a880c776e5194b1c674022e3.jpg

I also modded the flood to come on with reverse lights !! It's awesome !! And hella bright ! 34ae53acb37688275ffcc113948a380d.jpg

• Like 4

Huge thanks to Pgamboa !! He helped me through the install from the factory power fold small mirrors to the OEM power fold tow mirrors on my 2017 GMC Sierra Denali !

As far as I know I'm the first 2017 to do this and it works perfectly !!!

I can't thank Phil enough for the help and troubleshooting along the way !

You rock man !!

Before w/ small mirrors.

1f5fccdadc21f78eb8ad90f6e0279c24.jpg

After with the Boss mirrors lol

53376998a880c776e5194b1c674022e3.jpg

I also modded the flood to come on with reverse lights !! It's awesome !! And hella bright ! 34ae53acb37688275ffcc113948a380d.jpg

Glad we are able to get you figured out! Yes - you would be the 1st 2017 I've worked with. According to the Upfitter electrical schematics, they seem to have kept things identical to 2016.

• Like 2

Stock harnesses are making their way in. I have another set of Custom DL8 Harnesses ready for your DL3 Mirrors!

• Like 1

Pgamboa,

What is the price of the DIY kit vs. plug and play?

Thanks!

All the info can be found here:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/198157-2014-2017-dl8-dl3-towing-mirror-upgrade-mirrors-explained/

In a nutshell - DIY Kit is $50 Shipped. Complete PnP Harness Set is $225 Shipped. On the Harness set, there is a $40 core refund for sending me your stock harnesses. On the DIY Kit, you performing the modification of your stock harness at your own risk.

Hope this helps.

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 1

Here's another positive review for pgamboa and his custom harnesses!! I have a 2016 Silverado 1500 LT crew cab and upgraded from the standard DL8 mirrors to the DL3 like most of you. When I first started researching the upgrade and discovered all of the wiring differences, I almost wrote it off and decided it wasn't happening. Thankfully I happened to come across one of Phil's posts about offering his custom harnesses for sale, so after grabbing a set of mirrors from another member and a new door switch, I dove in head first. Not only did Phil ship quickly (literally within an hour of my payment), but he also virtually held my hand as I worked my way through the install. I had a few questions along the way, and he replied to my PMs within minutes. It was mostly silly little things, but he saved me lots of time and headache by pointing me in the right direction. The price is more than fair, as these harnesses are complex and he clearly knows what he is doing -- not to mention the tech support he provides. I am very happy and could not have done my upgrade without Phil's products or his knowledge. Thank you sir!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another positive review for pgamboa and his custom harnesses!! I have a 2016 Silverado 1500 LT crew cab and upgraded from the standard DL8 mirrors to the DL3 like most of you. When I first started researching the upgrade and discovered all of the wiring differences, I almost wrote it off and decided it wasn't happening. Thankfully I happened to come across one of Phil's posts about offering his custom harnesses for sale, so after grabbing a set of mirrors from another member and a new door switch, I dove in head first. Not only did Phil ship quickly (literally within an hour of my payment), but he also virtually held my hand as I worked my way through the install. I had a few questions along the way, and he replied to my PMs within minutes. It was mostly silly little things, but he saved me lots of time and headache by pointing me in the right direction. The price is more than fair, as these harnesses are complex and he clearly knows what he is doing -- not to mention the tech support he provides. I am very happy and could not have done my upgrade without Phil's products or his knowledge. Thank you sir!

Thank You for sharing your success story!

Core harnesses are starting to come in... so if anyone if need of a custom harness for DL3 Mirrors or Towing Mirrors, let me know!

• Like 1