Rear wheel ABS speed sensor

I recently replaced my rear wheel ABS s nor after getting a service ABS Service Stabilitrak and Service Trailer Break system warning. I took my truck into a shop that I deal with all the time and they got the code c0050 for a faulty right rear abs wheel speed sensor. I had recently had the same sensor replaced about a 18 months earlier. I got a new sensor and replaced it myself, I also cleaned the mounting face on the rear axle as I read this could cause some issues. After replacing the service lights were still on, I also took it for a short drive to see the sensor needed to seem some movement to reset the warning lights, all with no sucess. I have a multimeter and have checked grounds going to the sensor and there is continuity when I check the ground wire from the sensor. I am begining to think it is the ABS control module??

you said it was a c0050. What was the subcode?

DTC C0050 02

Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Short to Ground

DTC C0050 05

Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Short to Battery or Open

DTC C0050 0F

Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Erratic Signal

DTC C0050 18

Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Signal Amplitude Less Than Minimum

I am not sure exactly which code it was but the tech who ran the scanner said the sensor was showing it was open and replacing the ssensor nor should have fixed it after replacing the sensor it still showed the same results as the sensor was the problem. I have checked resistance at the connection back to the control module as well as tested the ground and there is no issue with either.

• 2 years later...

On my 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2 wheel drive rear drum brakes. Code c0050-00 right rear wheel speed sensor circuit. Code would clear but after a few miles it would come back on. Replaced both rear sensors. Now the code won't clear at all. Cleaned and checked wires. Put old ones back on same problem. Won't let me clear. Any ideas. Please . Thanks. ART. 

• 1 year later...