The goodyear sr-a's have died!!

The Defenders have noticeably better traction in slippery conditions than oem. Auto 4wd is a popular option and many people can use this to compensate for low traction tires. The most noticeable improvement I have found since switching to Defenders is in braking and no more spinning tires when accelerating in 2wd! The op will also notice tremendous improvement in these areas with his new tires!

I did a lot of homework and decided on Defenders for my new wheels and they have performed great thus far and help provide a smooth ride. Anticipating high mileage and good performance;

tirewheel1.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a lot of homework and decided on to put Defenders on my new wheels and they have performed great thus far and help provide a smooth ride. Anticipating high mileage and good performance;

tirewheel1.jpg

Man those thing are spotless!

Well got an appointment with discount tire to replace the tires. I wanted the ridge grapper anyway hopefully highway handling is better, they seem better off road anyway based off looks.

Hopefully its worth it.

Let us know how the ridge grappler works out for you. I'm specifically looking for snow results being they aren't severe weather rated. So far I've been happy with my bfgs but the ridge grappler interests me.

Let us know how the ridge grappler works out for you. I'm specifically looking for snow results being they aren't severe weather rated. So far I've been happy with my bfgs but the ridge grappler interests me.

Will do, cant test snow being i live in texas we may see a very light snow/ice mixture its rare for my location though.

Dry traction is better but still pretty rough feeling depending on the road conditions. The construction zone (its between towns) where it goes from 4 lane into 2 in mid turn, the bfgs caused the truck to hop when going from 4-2 lane. these ridge grapper its still bad but the truck held its own. (Hopefully it made sense)

Tire howl is more noticeable over the afm v4 mode, with my flowmaster super 44.

Well the ridge grappers are holding up still haven't tested wet traction though but will be hitting back roads (cliché based) this weekend the tread design should not pick up rocks easily note i can stick my finger in between the tread.

. The tires feel more responsive when given steering input.

Mpg well it took a small hit computer showed around 17mpg instant showed 18.2mpg for last 25miles. Same as bfg.

same size with the nitto's? your on stock height right?

Yep same 275/70/r18 as the bfg's may be slightly different but still 33" have no rubbing as well

Yes stock ride height well, gonna try to get a decent picture on flat ground, this week. of overall look but she does need to be leveled, thats next years project

Full side view with 33"

EC9A8682-C8BD-4E36-A3BB-43D5AE0E4A0F_zps

With factory note its not a full side picture because nobody wants to see that..

DD630068-3479-4FCF-B0E2-E7C0AF4E8CDA_zps

For giggles stock rear tire see the plug in the sidewall? That's what started all this. If i do it I would rather do it right!

F8D99780-9625-40EE-AB30-23340D09CAA7_zps

Not the same angle as stock pic but should show up just fine

495E9B4C-245E-4B11-9123-03D70AA0AA39_zps

Wet traction review well (wet tires) washed the truck, she spins some about like the bfgs on hard accl. Hopefully it will rain this Friday and i can test true wet traction and maybe mud?

I do think they may rub if the wheel wells get caked up with cliche? Thanks gm for putting fiberglass there...

It looks like your drivers side turn signal is cracked :nonod:

Ya not quite sure how that happened I assume i hit a bird or something on the highway i do remember seeing feathers fly though. its been like that for awhile never has caused any issues just looks bad.

Well small update wet traction is ok took off fairly decent. but never truly had the chance to test at speeds never got out of first (work is a short distance away)

Back road driving it could hold its own (cliche and paved). Was running 50mph in some areas. My suspension is the limiting factor now. Dang ranchos

Had problems trying to get out of my step brothers ruts. His truck had 4" lift on 35" mud grips (dry ground but still gave me some issues when trying to get parked.)

Well i hate to bring up my tread again, but this is the update y'all been waiting for or at least i have!

Next post 3hrs away from now will include

Mud-i may be ok there since i am not in any ruts at dads, thinking about locking 4h or auto just incase but based off earlier light like .5" rain at my house they left a decent foot print) hopefully these hybrid tires will do some good!

Rain on highway-i am hoping it will hold its own

OFF TOPIC!

Also i have noticed vs a 05 chevy 3500 cc model rclb 4x4 with load E mud grips also 96 dodge 2500 club cab long bed 4x4 slightly worn with same tires as work chevy the 05 seems better.

it rides and handles better then my 16 also it doesn't have coil overs or the factory ranchos like mine the 5100 set will be ordered probably next few months or save up a little more and get fox 2.0 (undecided yet) I already dropped some coin on nerf bars? Which was needed..

Archived