Paint to match tailgate handle

I found a ptm tailgate handle (23128692 PTM) and I was wondering if it will fit a '17. I've only seen them say they go from 14-15. And my tailgate locks with my remote, would that work with it if this handle does fit?

Where did you find this at? Is it from GM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a GM part. It's made in Taiwan. I bought a PTM handle from Amazon. It fit fine but the handle isn't as solid feeling as the factory part. I had to swap part of the linkage and a spring over from the factory handle to get the power lock to work.

8CDFFD18-4FF9-44B9-94E1-21E32535597A_zps

587B83CF-4E87-4C76-8E18-741338876E8F_zps

• Like 1

I painted it myself. Start with 180 to knock it down quick. Finish off with 400. I didn't want mine like glass so I just used adhesion promoter/paint/clear. You can use adhesion promoter and then a sandable primer. Wet sand that with 800 or so and then paint/clear. Follow up with a good wetsand and buff and be careful around the edges because you can burn through.

I got mine from summit racing. I did 3 light coats of black and 3-4 coats of clear so I could wetsand and buff. Just make sure you use a 2k clear. Spraymax in a rattle can is what I used for my headlight trim since it was small. You can find it on amazon. I went to my local paint shop and bought a pint of black and clear to spray my grille and tailgate handle with my hvlp gun.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine from summit racing. I did 3 light coats of black and 3-4 coats of clear so I could wetsand and buff. Just make sure you use a 2k clear. Spraymax in a rattle can is what I used for my headlight trim since it was small. You can find it on amazon. I went to my local paint shop and bought a pint of black and clear to spray my grille and tailgate handle with my hvlp gun.

I agree with the 2k clear. You can get them on Amazon or ebay etc.. they're expansive but well worth it. Puts a real hard coat like factory.

• 1 year later...
On 3/20/2017 at 8:02 AM, cbrsilv15 said:

Got a part number?