Steel braided brake lines

Anyone have these installed? I can't find a company that makes them. I have a 2014 crew cab and would like to get some. I know of a somewhat local company that can make them but I would have to remove them all and take them there. Would rather just buy a kit already made if possible.

Is there any reason you're interested in spending money on a system that performs very well?

Not trying to be rude, just curious as to why you would prefer investing here rather than elsewhere!

Is there any reason you're interested in spending money on a system that performs very well?

Not trying to be rude, just curious as to why you would prefer investing here rather than elsewhere!

After adding 22" wheels with 33" ridge grapplers the stopping power is not as good. I was going to add some better pads and just figured i would do the lines as well for a little extra performance. Other vehicles I've had I noticed a nice difference when adding steel braided. Also it's not a huge cost. Even if I have to get them made it will be around $100-120. I can install myself.

Not to dis you on your post but if you want better stopping power after adding 22" rims/33" tires (you just added a bunch of weight on all four corners), get bigger brakes and calipers. Steel braided lines wont help much. Just my two pennies.

Edited by AllTerrainX

If you find a good kit, post a link.

I haven't found a kit. This weekend I will be taking the factory lines to the place I know that will make them. I'll post the measurements if you want.

Not to dis you on your post but if you want better stopping power after adding 22" rims/33" tires (you just added a bunch of weight on all four corners), get bigger brakes and calipers. Steel braided lines wont help much. Just my two pennies.

The price of a big brake kit is not for me. They are nice but I'm positive a good set of pads and rotors along with the steel braided lines will give better braking. No they won't be big brake kit braking but will be better then the stock I have. And way cheaper. I'll be doing this weekend and I'll let you guys know if there is any difference at all.

People spend a good amount of money for mods that make very minimal performance changes. For me about to spend around $100 for lines and a few hours of my time I think will be worth it. To each his own though. That's the beauty of aftermarket. Everyone can be different.

And I was just asking if anyone knew of a kit. Not opinions on whether I should do this or not. I appreciate it though

• Like 2

Yes, please post the measurements if you have them.

I had my front brake line spring a leak on my prior 03 Silverado, not fun when your pedal is on the floor and your not slowing. I would rather have the extra protection of steel braided vs rubber.

Side note: Steel braided lines are my first upgrade on every sportbike I have owned.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/14/2017 at 5:15 AM, Pt187 said:

Anyone have these installed? I can't find a company that makes them. I have a 2014 crew cab and would like to get some. I know of a somewhat local company that can make them but I would have to remove them all and take them there. Would rather just buy a kit already made if possible.

There are stainless braided brake lines available from StopTech. 

I am in the process of installing the StopTech brake lines, in addition to the Baer sport rotors and Baer sport pads for both front and rear.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 9:15 PM, Pt187 said:

Changing out the brake lines is a great way to firm up the overall system.  I may be adding some when I decide to do my brakes to help add additional braking power. Don't let the negative comments keep you from doing anything. According to Stoptech website, they offer the front set part number#950.66002.  Good luck!

Edited by Sooperdave

5 hours ago, Sooperdave said:

Changing out the brake lines is a great way to firm up the overall system.  I may be adding some when I decide to do my brakes to help add additional braking power. Don't let the negative comments keep you from doing anything. According to Stoptech website, they offer the front set part number#950.66002.  Good luck!

Spooperdave, 

The StopTech rear brake lines set with part number 950.66504 that are listed for the 4WD model also fit the RWD trucks. I can verify this after having installed both front and rear brake line sets today.