Colour match paint.

I'm looking to get colour match paint (spray can) for my 2016 GMC Sierra I believe the colour is called stone blue

Anyone have any idea where I can buy some?b1a76831fc6619e29206a7883a6db051.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can get the spray at any local auto parts that mixes color paint the problem is that if you are trying to color match a large part this is not JUST a one part paint it is a paint system primer basecoat / color and clearcoat. Would cost you a few dimes to do this own your own by the time you buy all the proper equipment etc. So question is what are you trying to do here and do you want a professional result or just maybe painting a patch on your garage wall to kind of match your truck color LOL?

you can get the spray at any local auto parts that mixes color paint the problem is that if you are trying to color match a large part this is not JUST a one part paint it is a paint system primer basecoat / color and clearcoat. Would cost you a few dimes to do this own your own by the time you buy all the proper equipment etc. So question is what are you trying to do here and do you want a professional result or just maybe painting a patch on your garage wall to kind of match your truck color LOL?

cb38ad944d8aa08fe794ee2a42f30fc8.jpg

Want to colour match the trim better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At my local paint store is was around $20 for them to mix up the black in a can for me. Perfect match on my headlight trim. Make sure you use a 2k clear coat also. It's way better than the 1k.

5C268881-F870-4CEF-B9BC-E3CDE4A841E2_zps

• 2 years later...

Keep in mind that the color you buy in a can is going to match "fresh off the assembly line" color.  Unless vehicle has been garage kept and driven in ideal conditions and regularly washed/waxed it's entire life, the visible color will change over time.  An alternative is to go to a body shop and have them "shoot" the color with a special camera that will provide your best match at that time.  You can then buy paint from them direct.  Yes, it will be more expensive, but for anything in a visible area, it will be a closer match than anything you can buy off the shelf.