Damn kicker install

So I got the sub and amp kit. Screw this install. I am totally failing here can't even get the amp mounted over fuse block, power cables to sub too short wtf.

Anyone know what a dealer charges to install?

Epic fail I'm not thrilled :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I got the sub and amp kit. Screw this install. I am totally failing here can't even get the amp mounted over fuse block, power cables to sub too short wtf.

Anyone know what a dealer charges to install?

Epic fail I'm not thrilled :(

I tried installing it myself and it was a pain in the butt. Like others have said go to a local car stereo shop. I was able to get it installed for $100.

I'm not sure if every Bestbuy does this but my local Bestbuy has very good warranty on their work. I had them install a amp and a 12" sub for around $200 including everything they needed to get the job done. Yeah I could of probably saved some cash if I took it somewhere else but the warranty they offered was worth the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

That tough? I was thinking about gettting one...

Not many others had trouble. May be because I'm so weak also

Well I got it installed. Had to have housemate help me push amp up over fuse box and onto studs. I just have no muscle movement with extended arms on my back.

I am happy with sound so that is great. I am not happy with my install. I think it could have been much better and I hacked it in.

Wires through firewall, eff that. Finally pushed them in with a stiff wire lead, but in process pushed out some secondary internal grommet. Could not get that back in proper so shit there.

There was zero way to stretch wires far enough to math kicker path. Going to back wall left me a foot short! I had to go on front of seat mount. No biggie really ill never see it but still.

I had the dealership install mine. Was I ripped off? Probably. But not worth my time and hassle, even though it's "plug and play." I am happy with the sound though; glad you enjoy yours too. It's not a top of the line sound system by any means, but it's still substantially better than stock! Enjoy! :)

Yeah has a bracket the attaches to bottom studs over box.

I may have to take to someone anyway, getting some intermittent weird noise.. :/

Archived