IPhone 8 & wireless charging pad

On 11/30/2017 at 8:41 PM, rtreptow7 said:

needgmparts.com

Got my pins and connector Monday and ordered the module today. Hope this baby works as everyone has reported. I kept googling GM part online and the price kept getting cheaper. Finally settled on $95 for the module with $8 shipping. 

firstchoiceGMparts.com. they are out of Maine and I am in NY so shipping was not bad. next best shipping rate was $10 from a PA dealership. However they are out of stock but I am in no hurry.

Edited by GMC4Zee

10 minutes ago, GMC4Zee said:

firstchoiceGMparts.com. they are out of Maine and I am in NY so shipping was not bad. next best shipping rate was $10 from a PA dealership. However they are out of stock but I am in no hurry.

Everyone is out of stock.  I’m told it shouldn’t be too long though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Got my pins and connector Monday and ordered the module today. Hope this baby works as everyone has reported. I kept googling GM part online and the price kept getting cheaper. Finally settled on $95 for the module with $8 shipping. 

What pins and connector did you order and from where? Was it a 2018 pin and connector?

I order the parts shown in gamboa's post on page 9 with the pictures. They are for the 2018 module. The part numbers are on the bags and I used Mouser Electronics just like he did. I have everything in my possession , now waiting for the deep freeze to end so I can work on it without freezing my fingers off. You definitely need the connector and some have had success reusing the same pins but I ordered new ones. Unfortunately they can only be had in lots of 100 so i have many extras...

Edited by GMC4Zee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Alex White said:

Do you have the 2018 parts they should fit without issue. Some splicing is needed that’s it. I also ordered the wiring bundle from Gambia’s post on page 9. He’s helpful and quick to respond.

No splicing is necessary. We used a pin removal tool and then just inserted them into the new plug.  Same orientation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike ODwyer said:

What is a pin removal tool,  I broke a connector trying to remove it from old plug.  As soon as my new connectors arrive tomorrow, I will try again.  Also, the red part on the new plug slides back and forth, does it need to be in a certain position?

They come in a set of assorted sizes and allow the pins to be removed without damage by compressing the locking barb. The sliding part acts as a lock.