IPhone 8 & wireless charging pad

On 1/20/2018 at 1:23 AM, pgamboa said:

For anyone that has a 2016/2017 Charging Module and wants to upgrade to the 2018 Module.

I finally have a Plug and Play harness for this upgrade! My harness is an in-line harness.

Simply unplug the harness from the old module. Plug my harness in between and into the 2018 Module!

$25 Shipped First Class anywhere in the US. with Tracking.  Canada, please add +$10.00. PayPal as “Family and Friends”.

41d1aebf8f2d45c7d107da3e5a8d9399.jpg

9f458e4dd6c40ec73bc99bcd3570dc13.jpg

9af1e516271db754c0eedc434b736a0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to buy one.  I sent a PM a couple of days ago.  Where do I PayPal the money?

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Replaced my 2016 Tahoe pad with the 2018 GM pad and the REV 2 harness from PGAMBOA.  Charges my iphone 8 (with a leather case) and an iphone 8 plus (with no case) just fine and connects every-time.  The 8 plus straddles the mat slightly.  No need to turn the mat around in my case but really easy to do once your in there if you wanted.  Shame on GM for their lack of support.  Thanks to Phil!

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Gefeist said:

I’m an old guy not familiar with posting. How do I buy one of these  wireless charging harnesses? 

Shoot a PM to @pgamboa (Phil).  He's on vacation right now but he should get to you once he gets back. 

• Like 1

I’m an old guy not familiar with posting. How do I buy one of these  wireless charging harnesses? 

I return from vacation on 6/19, but there adapters are on Backorder until August/September time frame to due component shortages.

Here is my thread on this along with ordering instructions if you want to get on the wait list.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/209096-2014-2018-silveradosierra-wireless-charging-module-plug-and-play-harness/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So I just replaced my mod with the 2018 version but what to do with the harness?  So I ordered gm#84193710  18 tahoe harness.  I figured if it didn’t work I could always splice the new end onto the existing harness.  I removed back of console and it  plugged right in.  Easy fix.  All oem parts.

• 4 months later...

I saw a Video on youtube that fixed the problem,

Taking the armrest apart and flipping the shelf around 180 fixed the problem.  It seems GM mounted the charger to far back. Turning the shelf around allows your phone to set back further.  

FWIW

Well I was just trying to help... and it worked wonderful on mine......

Sorry for your loss....

I saw a Video on youtube that fixed the problem,

Taking the armrest apart and flipping the shelf around 180 fixed the problem.  It seems GM mounted the charger to far back. Turning the shelf around allows your phone to set back further.  

FWIW

Edited by dodge stomper

No reason to take it the wrong way and get your panties in a wad. It simply is not a reliable fix for most. Just as many have tried to take out the small magnet, it only works for a select few. If you’re having success then I’m glad you have to go no further.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rcpd34 said:

No reason to take it the wrong way and get your panties in a wad. It simply is not a reliable fix for most. Just as many have tried to take out the small magnet, it only works for a select few. If you’re having success then I’m glad you have to go no further.

Correct..The Youtube mods Won’t work for 95% of the people.  The only reliable fix is to get the updated module.  For those looking to upgrade, no harm in trying the mods but be prepared for those to not work.

• 4 weeks later...

has anybody confirmed that the arm rest lid is or isn't the same between the pick ups and suv's? looking at part numbers between 2015-2015 trucks vs 2015-2018 suv's they are not the same lid on gm parts direct, however you look on eBay's compatibility charts and there it says they are the same.  

i am adding wireless charging to my 2015 2500 and have the orig long pad design so have to change my entire arm rest lid out to ass wireless. and i think for the $270 i can find the lid asy online for its well worth to buy a lid from a 2018 and not mess with buying multiple parts and swapping stuff....