Towing a gooseneck with a 1500

Rme2513

Airbags are a great mod and it will ride and handle better with them.  You may want to shorten the coupler a bit if you use them so the trailer is still level without the back of the truck sagging so much.  Either way I think you can be confident you've got a much safer setup for moving that tractor around now.

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, Revan said:

Are you gonna be able to stay within the truck's max weight and the max axle weight?

I'm probably over the GVRW but I'm am within the GCWR but I'm will never know unless I put it on a scale 

I will have to say there is night and day difference in towing with a gooseneck other then the truck pulling the weight the ride is almost like it's not even back there going threw turns it doesn't push the truck side to side you always feel in control the truck did good pulling it other then some decent size hills it got up to 3600 rpm a few times but that understandable overall I am happy with it 

• 2 years later...
On 5/23/2018 at 7:12 PM, Rme2513 said:

I will have to say there is night and day difference in towing with a gooseneck other then the truck pulling the weight the ride is almost like it's not even back there going threw turns it doesn't push the truck side to side you always feel in control the truck did good pulling it other then some decent size hills it got up to 3600 rpm a few times but that understandable overall I am happy with it 

How about a new update?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

well i don't about the rest of you guys or girls but for me to have a gooseneck is a must have a 98 Silverado with a 5.7 liter hook to a 20 goosenecks stock trailer  and i hauled hay to livestock never had any problems . Now i have a 2020 Silverado and its got a gooseneck in it as well and i am looking at hooking up a 3 horse slant for it .And i doubt if i have a problems with it as well

• Like 1