6.2 Long term?

41 minutes ago, SS502 said:

That’s his oil catch can...there is a lot of discussion on the need or non-need of an aftermarket Oil Catch Can. Here is a link to better explain the concept. If you decide to get one there are a ton of them out there so do your homework, to me there are only 3 good ones for our trucks.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know the history and controversy on these. Now I know why I bought that 8yr/150k mile warranty.

On 11/24/2018 at 10:26 AM, pronstar said:

935e98f5d98bb32e07c9685922192c8b.jpg

77cda6378cbafd827b597fe0d266239b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go to 4:15. They are calling EQ boost. It is not a plug in.  The Hybrids marketed as such are plug ins. 

Go to 2:00. EQ boost. It is NOT called a hybrid in the marketing. They do have full hybrids and it's just a step in walking everyone down the path of acceptance into electric. 

Edited by seamus2154

13 minutes ago, seamus2154 said:

Go to 4:15. They are calling EQ boost. It is not a plug in.  The Hybrids marketed as such are plug ins. 

Go to 2:00. EQ boost. It is NOT called a hybrid in the marketing. They do have full hybrids and it's just a step in walking everyone down the path of acceptance into electric. 

Not me, not me, not me. I won't go there and you can't make me. I can't even deal with a cv transmission. I need to feel it or know that a gear will or has changed even if its nearly imperceptible to feel as it is on my Yukon Denali, at least it is after the second or third gear change most of the time. I even hit the tow/haul button to see what gear I am in at times. I can't find any other transmission gear indicator on the dash.

Those are some fine looking vehicles, do all electric or hybrids have a cv gearbox? I am guessing that this will be the future for all vehicles at some point in the future.

Thanks for sharing these videos.

Hybrids can run on gas, electric, or a combination of both.

Starter motor/generator tech can assist the gas engine but can’t run on electricity alone. They’re sometimes called mild hybrids, but generally aren’t really called hybrids.

MB calls their starter motor/generator EQ Boost.

Dodge calls theirs E Torque.

No carmaker is shying away from calling true hybrids what they are.

Not even Mercedes- Benz - they have true hybrids in their lineup, and they call them hybrids. It’s literally on their website and in their brochures.

Edited formatting.

69,000 miles on my 2015 nht and until this morning zero issues. I took off from a stop sign and the engine started cutting out and went into reduced power mode. By the time I got to a spot to pull over it was tapping really loud like it dropped a valve or lifter. I’ll give an update when the stealership gives me one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, cperk said:

69,000 miles on my 2015 nht and until this morning zero issues. I took off from a stop sign and the engine started cutting out and went into reduced power mode. By the time I got to a spot to pull over it was tapping really loud like it dropped a valve or lifter. I’ll give an update when the stealership gives me one.

Sorry for your troubles, let everyone know how it turns out. Hopefully its something simple to repair.

Sorry for your troubles, let everyone know how it turns out. Hopefully its something simple to repair.

They didn’t get around to looking at it today. Didn’t have a loaner to let me use either! Lol
I asked about one of those 400 cars on the lot and she just laughed it off! I think they’re wanting to make sure it is “drivetrain” related before they give me one? Glad I have the 100k drivetrain warranty! Had two torque converters along with lots of other work done on the 8speed. Nothing at all with engine till today. No noises from it ever except the injector noise. I was a big fan of this engine until today. I don’t know if I’ll trust it again.

22 hours ago, cperk said:

They didn’t get around to looking at it today. Didn’t have a loaner to let me use either! Lol
I asked about one of those 400 cars on the lot and she just laughed it off! I think they’re wanting to make sure it is “drivetrain” related before they give me one? Glad I have the 100k drivetrain warranty! Had two torque converters along with lots of other work done on the 8speed. Nothing at all with engine till today. No noises from it ever except the injector noise. I was a big fan of this engine until today. I don’t know if I’ll trust it again.

Sorry for the issues. This is so disappointing. The LS engines occasionally had issues but it really seems to be more likely and at a lower mileage on these LT motors. I have had multiple LS motors since 1998 some with very high mileage and never had a motor related issue. 3 of these were Zo6 corvettes that saw track duty! But there were some issues with AFM and lifters and cams over the years for some. But not early in their life and not so many as the LT so far. Not uncommon for a 300k LS motor that has never been cracked open. 

Sorry for the issues. This is so disappointing. The LS engines occasionally had issues but it really seems to be more likely and at a lower mileage on these LT motors. I have had multiple LS motors since 1998 some with very high mileage and never had a motor related issue. 3 of these were Zo6 corvettes that saw track duty! But there were some issues with AFM and lifters and cams over the years for some. But not early in their life and not so many as the LT so far. Not uncommon for a 300k LS motor that has never been cracked open. 

The test driving expert, lol said it was internal failure of some sort. The tear down guy didn’t get to it. Still no offer for a loaner.

On 11/25/2018 at 7:48 PM, pronstar said:

Hybrids can run on gas, electric, or a combination of both.

Starter motor/generator tech can assist the gas engine but can’t run on electricity alone. They’re sometimes called mild hybrids, but generally aren’t really called hybrids.

MB calls their starter motor/generator EQ Boost.

Dodge calls theirs E Torque.

No carmaker is shying away from calling true hybrids what they are.

Not even Mercedes- Benz - they have true hybrids in their lineup, and they call them hybrids. It’s literally on their website and in their brochures.

Edited formatting.

A hybrid by definition is the combination of two different elements, a mixture. I think we can agree there are different levels of this. I wasn't trying to split hairs. Marketing is mostly psychology and manipulation. Some people flock to something called a hybrid for various reasons. Many others reject it for many reasons. When your selling something you want everyone to buy it. But at the end of the day, my actual point is they want you accepting electric because that is where they are going. So they are baby stepping some of us who are rejecting it, and intentionally not calling it a hybrid on any level, and it is just marketing. All of these new variants are hybrids by definition but only some are marketed as hybrids. If it is a gas motor plus anything it is a hybrid, period. But the industry is mainly calling hybrids gas plus electric motors with battery storage and charging. They can call it anything, but the definition of hybrid is in the Webster dictionary.

Glad this thread was started. I've been contemplating a 6.2 swap for an a body project. In doing so I've asked around a bunch of shops and most say stick with the 6.0 because it has better geometry. A few won't even touch the 6.2 LS or Lt. Not sure what to make of this I really like the power and sound the 6.2s have. It's crazy to hear issues with the lifters as much as I do though. A bit scary to invest money into something that could fail.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Glad this thread was started. I've been contemplating a 6.2 swap for an a body project. In doing so I've asked around a bunch of shops and most say stick with the 6.0 because it has better geometry. A few won't even touch the 6.2 LS or Lt. Not sure what to make of this I really like the power and sounds the 6.2s have. It's crazy to here issues with the lifters as much as I do though. A bit scary to invest money into something that could fail.

I’ve had a few gm vehicles in my life lol!4a22ecdb22a776e3f282574c42272da0.png

• Like 1

I've always liked that body style. That hood sets it off. Just screams why race lol.

Wished I’d never sold it! 2000 Firehawk, 6speed, black on black.

Wished I’d never sold it! 2000 Firehawk, 6speed, black on black.

It had 54k miles on it when I sold it in 2015.