Navigation after onstar subscription expires

Here is GTPprix website (White Auto and Media Services) for the upgrade:

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2014-2015-5-c-k-platform-car-play-retrofit-programming/

It is $100 if you supply the HMI and radio modules which you can probably find on ebay.  Chris can help you get the right part number then his $100 fee is for the programming which will make it plug-and-play in your truck (easy 15 minute change after he sends you the programmed module).

• 2 months later...

We just bought a 2019 Chevy Blazer.  No one told us we had to pay for an OnStar subscription to get certain items - like navigation - until AFTER we bought the car and they were showing us how to use it.  We had even asked if it came with Navigation and the salesman told us that it did.  They didn't say it cost us a monthly fee. I think GM dealers should disclose that information prior to a person purchasing a vehicle.  I have a Ford Escape Premier and I have a navigation system that I don't have to pay anything for.  I'm furious that we weren't told this ahead of time.  It may have been a factor in what kind of vehicle we bought.  Don't dealerships have to disclose this type of information to potential buyers?

Sounds like you got a car salesman that just told you whatever you wanted to hear....  Go back to the dealership and complain to the manager, and also complain to GM directly about the dealership.  It's not exactly GM's fault.  You need to find a better dealer

On 12/17/2019 at 5:06 PM, AnnieM said:

We just bought a 2019 Chevy Blazer.  No one told us we had to pay for an OnStar subscription to get certain items - like navigation - until AFTER we bought the car and they were showing us how to use it.  We had even asked if it came with Navigation and the salesman told us that it did.  They didn't say it cost us a monthly fee. I think GM dealers should disclose that information prior to a person purchasing a vehicle.  I have a Ford Escape Premier and I have a navigation system that I don't have to pay anything for.  I'm furious that we weren't told this ahead of time.  It may have been a factor in what kind of vehicle we bought.  Don't dealerships have to disclose this type of information to potential buyers?

You spent what, 40k+ on something and didn't do any research?  The window sticker will clearly show what options the vehicle has.  You bought a vehicle without Nav.  Not really a big deal as factory Nav is a joke; just use Android Auto and Waze or Google Maps and have a FAR superior experience.

I've let both my '15 and my '18's On-Star FREE Subscription expire, and the navigation that's built into the Infotainment System still works.  AND, I can use either Apple Maps (when I ask Siri to give me directions) or Google Maps (when I pre-plan my trip(s)).