Ac blowing warm

CVY2NV

1. go to a different shop.  they should be able to tell if the compressor is working properly or not.

2. there should be 1 or 2 temp. doors that control the temp each side of the cab gets.  See if all the vents get warm air or if it's just on one side, and if the temp will vary with the controls (with the engine hot).

3. find someone with a more advanced code reader, that can read codes from all the computers on your truck.

This model truck has two major flaws in the cooling system. One being the condenser and the other is the high pressure lines cracking in the bends. I got lucky *knocks on wood* and had the hoses replaced along with a bracket under warranty when mine started blowing hot in July. If your is the condenser, well, get in line. This part was still on a national back order as of a month and a half ago. Fixed on your dime too if your warranty is out......Thanks GM.

This model truck has two major flaws in the cooling system. One being the condenser and the other is the high pressure lines cracking in the bends. I got lucky *knocks on wood* and had the hoses replaced along with a bracket under warranty when mine started blowing hot in July. If your is the condenser, well, get in line. This part was still on a national back order as of a month and a half ago. Fixed on your dime too if your warranty is out......Thanks GM.
Is it seriously still on backorder? I thought they got all of that situated back in October. I know it was a 30 day wait list back in the middle of the summer so I would imagine it's better now considering most people aren't using their AC.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

That info came from someone I do business with that said he was waiting on the back ordered part. I assumed he was being honest and never followed up. 

Had mine changed last week, dealer stock, service writer didnt know about the issue when i droped off, when i picked it up same afternoon, he knew 2 in a row with failed condenser
Edgar

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mine went out earlier this year and I had about 65k on my truck at the time. I had the dealer fix it and they covered like 75% of the cost. I paid about $500 out of pocket. The condenser itself from GM was like $320 I believe and then plus the seals was like another $100 bucks or so.

I attempted to get the condenser from O'reilly's however they also did not have any and were on back order... crappy situation but it cost me an extra like 100 - 200 bucks to have GM do it as me doing it myself.

un-luckily for me I took out my cracked condenser and took it to orielly to get a new one before I knew about all this non-sense. So I had to put in the old condenser back in. So I did all the work for no damn reason...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 1:30 PM, thewhitestallion said:

Mine went out earlier this year and I had about 65k on my truck at the time. I had the dealer fix it and they covered like 75% of the cost. I paid about $500 out of pocket. The condenser itself from GM was like $320 I believe and then plus the seals was like another $100 bucks or so.

I attempted to get the condenser from O'reilly's however they also did not have any and were on back order... crappy situation but it cost me an extra like 100 - 200 bucks to have GM do it as me doing it myself.

un-luckily for me I took out my cracked condenser and took it to orielly to get a new one before I knew about all this non-sense. So I had to put in the old condenser back in. So I did all the work for no damn reason...

Why did they not cover it under warranty?

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, Kerrslight said:

Why did they not cover it under warranty?

Because I was almost 30k miles out of bumper to bumper warranty. They covered a decent portion which was better than nothing. Should they have paid for the whole thing, sure. But they definitely did not have to pay a cent either so I'll take it.

1 minute ago, thewhitestallion said:

Because I was almost 30k miles out of bumper to bumper warranty. They covered a decent portion which was better than nothing. Should they have paid for the whole thing, sure. But they definitely did not have to pay a cent either so I'll take it.

I gotchya. I just dropped the truck off at the dealership for this issue today. We'll see what they come back with.