Recommendation for Paint Shop in Houston, TX

youn1033

Does anyone happen to have a recommendation on where I could take my truck to get the grille and bottom chrome (skid plate cover?) piece painted in the Houston area? I am looking to get my grille surround color-matched to my stock color (Mineral Metallic) as well as the mesh/honeycomb of the grille and the lower chrome piece both painted a satin black. I am hoping I can find a shop that can remove, paint, clear-coat and reinstall these pieces for a reasonable price. I also have the paint code (WA433B/GJB), so I could source the paint myself if it were to make it any cheaper. Does anyone happen to know how much of the Mineral Metallic paint it would take to paint the grille surround, and maybe the lower door mouldings as well??

I'm looking to do something similar to the picture of the red truck, however instead of color-matching the lower piece, I believe I'd go satin black with that as well.

Thanks!

Denali Grill Color-Match.png

Denali Grille.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else have any recommendations? I had a body shop who did some work and painting on my previous truck that gave me a very reasonable estimate, however the manager came back and said that they do not do any "custom" work and that they would not paint anything that is chromed...

Another shop in the Houston area (Ivan's Customs) I believe was profiling, making the assumption that with a brand new $60k truck they could charge whatever they wanted. They hit me with $3,500 to do the front grille, lower skid plate cover, mirror caps, door trim moulding and window sill moulding!!!!!!!!

Hoping someone else has some input as I am really wanting to get this done before I take it on our road trip in about 5 weeks.

Archived