How often do you get flashed?

5 minutes ago, MidKNIGHTZ71 said:

So am i being a d*ck for flashing the moronic imbeciles who are driving drunk and would not know what an acceptable level of brightness is for a properly angled headlight? 

What are you doing on the road at 2am then? Drunk or not, when your illegal lights cause someone to drive off the road and crash, I hope there's a witness to report your plates so you can be held accountable.

You never answered my question on the first page of this topic- did you ever re-align your lights after installing your leveling kit? Based on the intelligence displayed by your comments here, I'm guessing not.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, aseibel said:

What are you doing on the road at 2am then? Drunk or not, when your illegal lights cause someone to drive off the road and crash, I hope there's a witness to report your plates so you can be held accountable.

You never answered my question on the first page of this topic- did you ever re-align your lights after installing your leveling kit? Based on the intelligence displayed by your comments here, I'm guessing not.

I like how you assume a lot of things. Based on your response, I can ASSUME you do not read every word of other peoples' posts. Re-read my post and you will find your answer there. You should stop assuming things and stop communicating in generalities. It really shows the level of intelligence one conveys. 

Comes down to this,

You are considerate of other drivers/people or you aren't.

You are part of the problem or part of the cure.

I prefer to be considerate rather than an a$$.

:)

On 1/29/2018 at 10:51 AM, MidKNIGHTZ71 said:

When i get flashed, i flash back with the light bar... just so they know it can and will get much brighter!! Here is an idea, dont stare at the oncoming traffic's headlights. 

On 1/29/2018 at 1:58 PM, MidKNIGHTZ71 said:

lol Whatever helps you sleep at night sweetie. 

huh? where did you previously state if you properly aligned your headlights? All I found were these gems. I said I'm guessing you have not done it based on your previous statements.

On 1/29/2018 at 11:51 AM, MidKNIGHTZ71 said:

When i get flashed, i flash back with the light bar... just so they know it can and will get much brighter!! Here is an idea, dont stare at the oncoming traffic's headlights. 

Oncoming traffic comes from in front of you, since in order to drive you need to look in front of you, how exactly do you suggest someone avoid looking at your headlights. Should they close their eyes, look to their right or something?

1 hour ago, MidKNIGHTZ71 said:

properly angled headlight

F for effort. 

16 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

Oncoming traffic comes from in front of you, since in order to drive you need to look in front of you, how exactly do you suggest someone avoid looking at your headlights. Should they close their eyes, look to their right or something?

Pick a point straight ahead, past the approaching vehicle and focus on that. 

Something to think about... If your lights are too bright that they are blinding other drivers then you run the risk of a head-on collision. Do you really want to risk it? Adjust your lights please if you are being flashed frequently. Thanks

1 hour ago, truckguy82 said:

I wait until the oncoming vehicle is about 6 or more car lengths away. I then focus on the right edge of the road to keep the the oncoming lights from blinding me and my eyes having to readjust.

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

I wait until the oncoming vehicle is about 6 or more car lengths away. I then focus on the right edge of the road to keep the the oncoming lights from blinding me and my eyes having to readjust.

We were taught this in drivers education in the 60's. :thumbs:

I got flashed allot the first few days after my level and I got the hint. Took a new moon evening about 3 am and spent some serious time  sorting them out. Still happens on occasion such as cresting a hill and some elevated intersection approaches. In those cases you could blind a guy with a candle. 

1 hour ago, MidKNIGHTZ71 said:

F for effort. 

Ok, you referenced your lights in passing as "properly angled". But for the 3rd time, did YOU physically measure the height of your light projection on a wall to verify they are angled slightly down? Did a reputable shop realign them after they installed your leveling kit? Or are you just assuming your lights are "properly angled"? Your defensiveness and refusal to give a straightforward answer leads me to guess which is the case.

The general consensus seems to be: those who get flashed frequently are the problem. Don't blame others on the road for flashing you when you are the problem.

13 minutes ago, aseibel said:

Ok, you referenced your lights in passing as "properly angled". But for the 3rd time, did YOU physically measure the height of your light projection on a wall to verify they are angled slightly down? Did a reputable shop realign them after they installed your leveling kit? Or are you just assuming your lights are "properly angled"? Your defensiveness and refusal to give a straightforward answer leads me to guess which is the case.

The general consensus seems to be: those who get flashed frequently are the problem. Don't blame others on the road for flashing you when you are the problem.

"REPUTABLE SHOP" and since i care how you sleep at night, I double checked the measurements. 

19 minutes ago, MidKNIGHTZ71 said:

"REPUTABLE SHOP" and since i care how you sleep at night, I double checked the measurements. 

Ok good. Now we know you are not to blame. So go ahead and blind all those mean people who dare to flash their brights at you.

Update:  I adjusted my headlights today and found from measuring at the wall to 25ft back there was no change in the level of the beam.  Dialed them down ~2.5" at 25ft.  Hopefully this will help other drivers and reduce getting flashed.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎01 at 7:23 AM, aseibel said:

You do realize that this "revenge" you speak of is for your truck shining full bright lights in their eyes when coming over the hills. When they flash their brights back at you, they are only matching the annoying level of your truck to them. So if you actually turn your LED bar to "get back at them", you are just being a d*ck and nothing else. Instead of pissing other people off, maybe you should check the angle of your lights. If you're constantly getting flashed, they might be aimed way too high.

I don't hit people with any of the lights if they flash me except my highs. But people here are often ignorant and have the habit of not just flashing you but just turning their highs on when they think they are right. That is when they get all 10,000 lumens, and an extra "you're a douche" when they pass. My lights are aimed just fine as I have a professional aimer in my full service shop at my daily disposal. Sorry to offend you snowflake. 

Archived