How often do you get flashed?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, FSUMARTINEZ said:

2018 crewcab 2” leveling kit. I get flashed every night! Where would I take my truck to get the headlights adjusted?? Who would know how much to adjust them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

find a flat parking lot with a wall, bring a phillips screwdriver and do it yourself.

2014 Sierra WT, bone stock. Get flashed a few times a month. I guess I can understand why, as the high beams are technically always on, there's just a shutter that opens up and raises the line of light when you click on the brights. This makes driving in fog a blast, lol. Can't see anything but a wall of light. 

1 hour ago, aseibel said:

You are the problem, not the solution. Did you ever re-aim your lights after you installed your leveling kit? If not, you are blinding everyone with your low beams.

Hit the nail right on the head.  They change bulbs and assume nothing else is needed, the same as when their lifted their truck destroys  ball joints.........    :thumbs:

6 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Hit the nail right on the head.  They change bulbs and assume nothing else is needed, the same as when their lifted their truck destroys  ball joints.........    :thumbs:

Simply changing bulbs does not necessarily mean a headlight adjustment is needed.

and

Simply lifting a truck does not necessarily mean new ball joints are needed.

You speak in broad generalities sir.  :thumbs:

1 hour ago, Rolling Thunder said:

lol Whatever helps you sleep at night sweetie. 

3 hours ago, FSU1985 said:

I was hoping this thread was about something else besides headlights 

i've only been flashed once...  that was when my band was playing a halloween gig this past october!  :D

i've never been flashed while driving my truck and i'm lifted 7.5".  i'm still only using halogen bulbs but i know after the lift, the guys that did the install aimed my lights way down so i don't blind people.  the only time i'm 'really bright' for people is when i'm right behind them at a red light, but then i just leave lots of room once we start moving again so they can look in their mirrors

Most guys who level I bet don't adjust their headlights down, they just think they can see further so screw everyone else the world revolves around them. I am leveled front and rear (1.5f/1r) on a 33 and it is easy to tell those guys who put the front level on and didn't adjust their lights as they blind the crap out of me let alone anyone in a normal car or CUV. Those with a 2-2.5 kit up front with no rear lift and haven't adjusted their LED/HID headlights down that say they never get flashed are lying out their tooth. Completely dangerous to oncoming traffic (more so than the exaggeration that they can't see far which isn't true), it is especially dangers to elders and those with poor eyesight...

I only flash those who obviously are blinding traffic (HID/LED in halogen housings or leveled and not adjusted) and it is a little more than a flash so they understand what it is like to drive facing them.

Tyler

5 hours ago, MidKNIGHTZ71 said:

When i get flashed, i flash back with the light bar... just so they know it can and will get much brighter!! Here is an idea, dont stare at the oncoming traffic's headlights. 

I don't care what others might say, but this is funny... Play Nice!

Got flashed by a homeless chick just last week. 

At first I was confused as it appeared as though only her fog lights were on...buuut then I realized, nope, those are the high beams :(

I really hope you guys that are getting flashed learn to adjust your headlights.

it’s pretty annoying to me, but it’s not just annoyance to some. There are plenty of older people on the road that when they have direct headlights in their face they are almost blind. It’s dangerous.

it’s also dangerous in busy areas. When I’m driving down a surburban street, and someone has their lights pointed to high, I may be able to see other cars and drive straight, but I’m definitey not seeng a pedestrian or someone on a bike.

I am not johnny law abiding citizen, infact I probably have more driving points than anybody on gm-trucks, but you won’t catch me for a second driving around with headlights that are aimed too high. Not only is it dangerous, it’s just a dick move. Don’t be a dick.

13 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

I really hope you guys that are getting flashed learn to adjust your headlights.

it’s pretty annoying to me, but it’s not just annoyance to some. There are plenty of older people on the road that when they have direct headlights in their face they are almost blind. It’s dangerous.

it’s also dangerous in busy areas. When I’m driving down a surburban street, and someone has their lights pointed to high, I may be able to see other cars and drive straight, but I’m definitey not seeng a pedestrian or someone on a bike.

I am not johnny law abiding citizen, infact I probably have more driving points than anybody on gm-trucks, but you won’t catch me for a second driving around with headlights that are aimed too high. Not only is it dangerous, it’s just a dick move. Don’t be a dick.

Archived