2015 Tahoe Competition Mode

I have a 2015 Tahoe PPV and was wondering if anyone had any information or literature on the competition mode on this model. I have driven it in both modes and have not noticed any significant differences. I am also curious about how active fuel management works on these if possible!

• 2 weeks later...

Do a little research:

"

The stability system is capable of recognizing high performance driving with a Track Detect Mode.
When continuous high performance driving occurs in 2WD or Auto 4WD Mode, the stability system will automatically enter
Competition Mode. When engaged, the message "Competition Mode" will appear in the DIC and the Traction Control OFF and
StabiliTrak OFF lights will illuminate. (see illustration section for StabiliTrak button location)
Competition mode can be disengaged by any of these four methods:
-Discontinue high performance driving for approximately 2 minutes
-Place transmission shift lever into Park for a brief period of time
-Press and hold button to completely disable Traction Control and press again to re-enable all stability systems
-
Turn engine off

Copied from:

https://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/gmfleet/global/master/nscwebsite/en/Home/Vehicle_Search/Specialty_Vehicles/Specialty vehicles/02_pdf/Tahoe 9C1 4WD Specification Guide 2016.pdf

• Like 1

Right, I understand that, but it doesn’t really explain what happens when you put the vehicle in competition mode. For example, does it adjust throttle response or just suspension and steering? 

Edited by tahoeppv15

Active fuel management is when the engine isn't under much load it will switch from 8 cylinder power down to 4 cylinder by shutting off fuel injectors to those cylinders 

Just now, ksfarmdude said:

Active fuel management is when the engine isn't under much load it will switch from 8 cylinder power down to 4 cylinder by shutting off fuel injectors to those cylinders 

Oh, that is what I had thought! I can sometimes feel it switching between the two, especially on the highway. Thank you! 

• 2 years later...
On 3/7/2018 at 11:27 PM, tahoeppv15 said:

I have a 2015 Tahoe PPV and was wondering if anyone had any information or literature on the competition mode on this model. I have driven it in both modes and have not noticed any significant differences. I am also curious about how active fuel management works on these if possible!

I know its 3 years late but if you drive the truck hard in competitive mode you will notice a significant difference in the behavior of the truck

The shifting is sharper, the steering stiffens up and the engine gets more responsive and will not drop into cylinder deactivation mode.

The truck will also run to its aerodynamic tops speed of about 162mph.

If you just switch modes and drive  normally won't notice the difference. Take the truck around a slalom course in the 2 different modes and you will notice

On 1/15/2021 at 11:48 PM, RC45 said:

I know its 3 years late but if you drive the truck hard in competitive mode you will notice a significant difference in the behavior of the truck

The shifting is sharper, the steering stiffens up and the engine gets more responsive and will not drop into cylinder deactivation mode.

The truck will also run to its aerodynamic tops speed of about 162mph.

If you just switch modes and drive  normally won't notice the difference. Take the truck around a slalom course in the 2 different modes and you will notice

lol, there is no way a PPV is getting up to 160 mph (heck, the charger & taurus SHO interceptors cant even go that fast)

the driveshaft will give out well before that is reached.  tires would have issues at that speed too

129-135 is more reasonable, thats still pushing it.

i havent seen any upfitters upgrading the driveshaft

• 2 months later...