In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Brandonreese

Power outlets not working

Question

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 duramax 

The two power outlets on the dash and the one under the console have no power I have checked the fuses and wires and they are good I don’t know what it could be any help would be great thanks 

5 answers to this question

Isn't there a small sub-fuse panel behind the removable cover on the driver's side of the dash that is accessible when drivers door is open? 

One of the members here, PGamboa, posted a youtube video about swapping out the center console. In the video, he shows and explains in pretty good detail the wiring configuration of the outlets... Maybe this would help you poke around the wires and figure something out. 

Good luck!

If fuse is good check for continuity from fuse to hot side of outlet.  If that is good check the chassis ground to the outlet.  That is the problem with electrical problems,  no puddle to back to the source and everything is small

Your best bet would be to locate the wiring diagram for your truck.  There is a site that has wiring diagrams as well as service manuals, but I cannot remember the name of the site.   Hopefully someone reading this thread will be able to recall the site name.

Have you looked in the owners manual to see if they have the fuse panel listed with a table giving what circuits are connected to what fuses?  Generally fuses protect more than just a single circuit, for example one fuse may protect the horn and brake lights. 

Since all three outlets are dead, the issue will be before the wiring splits off to the three outlets.  

Are you testing fuses with a test light, or by sight?  Mini fuses have the legs of the fuses exposed on the plastic end of the fuse when installed.  A test light probe can touch either leg to verify power.  Test both sides of all fuses with key on. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Clint Casanova
      My 2016 Suburban’s auxiliary ports and features (USBs, wireless charging pad, 12V) blink off briefly when the doors are shut while cranked. This can cause my aftermarket headrest monitors to power off and back on if I get out of a cranked car to pump gas, hand a kid something in the back seat, run into gas station or restaurant, etc. This is extremely frustrating on road trips, making a pit stop and having to turn the TVs back on, DVD player back on, etc. 

Sometimes if the key fob is left in the car it won’t blink off, but not always. Every time this happens I hear a click, like a light blinking, behind the dash as the door is closed. What is happening back there, triggered by the door closing, that’s causing a sudden loss of power to so many auxiliary items? 

Attached video shows what happens to a cranked car when the door is closed with fob outside the car. I have a Blu-ray player, wired into a wire in the dash labeled for the BCM, but several other items have the same reaction to shutting the door while cranked with fob outside. 

Much thanks. 
      IMG_2291.MOV
    • By Jonathan Floyd
      Hey guys and gals I was hoping y’all could answer a question of mine. I currently own a 2019 Silverado trail boss with the 5.3 and 6 speed transmission. A mechanic told me the transmission is a ticking time bomb if I do any performance mods. Such as a cam swap and tune. So I explained my plan for the future. Cold air intake, flow master exhaust, headers, tune and cam swap. He said if I do any of the big changes to the engine the tranny may go out. The reason why is because the stock transmission was only made to handle the stock HP and TQ. Have any of y’all had an issue like this after some big performance mods?
    • By v2GetEm
      This weekend someone slammed my passenger door probably to hard in my opinion. Not sure if this is the cause of the problem but the issue did start soon after. The Window and mirror lost power first intermittently, now completely. I checked the fuse and also didn’t see anything obvious as far as wires being loose or broken from the harness. Any suggestions or recommendations for a fix would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By Tyler Scifres
      I have a 2005 Silverado with the Bose system in it with no XM radio. I am trying to wire in an AUX cable to the radio without having to use a FM bypass module. Is there anywhere I could splice into to wire the input in? Every video I have watched on it so far shows splicing into the XM transmitter. I am trying to make it look as factory as possible on the console so I do not want to just replace the head unit. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank y'all.
    • By killer88
      Hello new to this site. was wondering if anyone had done a power antenna conversion on an express van, and if so where did you buy it? thanks.