110V Power outlet

• 4 months later...

Pure Sine Generators... 

There are two types of inverters... those that  have a pure sine wave and those that don't. An electric generator produces electricity by spinning a wheel in a circle. This is outstanding for electric motors as it provides the same current as would be perfect for. There are inverters that use an electronic method to produce the electricity... and the wave generated clips at the top and bottom... not giving you a pure sine wave.

I don't think the one in my 2018 Silverado is a pure sine wave inverter. That would make a difference to whatever you plugged into it.

That runs the dashcam and has an extra usb port that's powered on an off with the ignition.

spacer.png

Edited by TheGrue Slayer
spelling and grammar corrections.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/14/2018 at 4:47 PM, Jon A said:

Hopefully the one on the 2019's in the bed will be much more powerful.  If so it would be a great retrofit mod when the part is available.

I didn't realize there was one in the bed. I have a 2019 2500hd ltz and I haven't noticed a 110v outlet in the bed of my truck unfortunately... where is your outlet located?

1 hour ago, johnathanryan30 said:

I didn't realize there was one in the bed. I have a 2019 2500hd ltz and I haven't noticed a 110v outlet in the bed of my truck unfortunately... where is your outlet located?

Look in your owners manual, that will indicate where it is, if your truck has that option.  It'll also indicate how much power is available via that outlet.

• 4 months later...
On 3/14/2018 at 12:04 PM, Donstar said:

My manual reads that the plug outlet on my dash is good for cell phones and mp3 players.  Has anyone tried powering other things like small vacuums or power tools with this outlet?  I've never used it and wondering what it is capable of powering without harm to device or vehicle.