110V Power outlet

I charge my laptop and all of my surveying equipment with mine.  I love it and find it extremely useful as all my old trucks I've had to install inverters.  I realize though I use mine for work and it's a very specific use.  Wish it would power saws or vacuums though...

I haven’t tried it yet but I have a HotLogic personal mini oven I use at work for leftovers ie. hot plate in a cooler.  Now I’m going to have to try it in the truck because of this tread. THANKS GUYS...

Here’s the link if anybody’s interested. I highly recommend it over a microwave (heats evenly) a 6 cup Pyrex container fits in it perfectly btw.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EC7XJ00/ref=asc_df_B00EC7XJ005403419/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B00EC7XJ00&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167155690034&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2823177163112416172&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1028087&hvtargid=pla-305919862029

• Like 1

My main reason for asking this question is that I'm trying to find a portable vacuum that I can keep in the truck for on the road cleanups.  My frequent travel companion doesn't always wipe her feet and sheds.  I occasionally have to transport people without enough notice to lug my shop vac from the garage.  My wife bought me a 12V portable that looked great but worked very poorly.  I figured a mini vac powered by 110 may be a better choice.  I have tried the "dust buster" rechargeable type of hand vacuum in the past but was not impressed.  Maybe someone has a suggestion for a product they have found that is good for those impromptu cleanups!

I have this vacuum in  the house.

Works well for quick pick-ups.

Great for stairs.

May draw to many amps though for use in your truck.

https://www.amazon.com/Eureka-EasyClean-Lightweight-Handheld-71B/dp/B0006HUYGM/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1521123914&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=hand+vacuum&psc=1

:)

On 3/15/2018 at 9:37 AM, Donstar said:

My main reason for asking this question is that I'm trying to find a portable vacuum that I can keep in the truck for on the road cleanups.  My frequent travel companion doesn't always wipe her feet and sheds.  I occasionally have to transport people without enough notice to lug my shop vac from the garage.  My wife bought me a 12V portable that looked great but worked very poorly.  I figured a mini vac powered by 110 may be a better choice.  I have tried the "dust buster" rechargeable type of hand vacuum in the past but was not impressed.  Maybe someone has a suggestion for a product they have found that is good for those impromptu cleanups!

Consider a cordless handheld vacuum, just because it's not a direct relationship between amperage draw and suction power. They are also pretty convenient to use power aside.

On 2018-03-15 at 9:37 AM, Donstar said:

Have you looked into an 18v cordless vacuum?  I use a Milwaukee cordless vacuum that works with the same batteries as my cordless power tools. I charge my batteries in the truck from the 110v outlet for the tools, so there’s always a fresh battery to use in the vacuum. The battery life is pretty good when I use the big 9 ah batteries, not as good with the 5 ah batteries but still lasts long enough to vacuum out the truck

56 minutes ago, Tdotsfinest said:

Have you looked into an 18v cordless vacuum?  I use a Milwaukee cordless vacuum that works with the same batteries as my cordless power tools. I charge my batteries in the truck from the 110v outlet for the tools, so there’s always a fresh battery to use in the vacuum. The battery life is pretty good when I use the big 9 ah batteries, not as good with the 5 ah batteries but still lasts long enough to vacuum out the truck

Most of my  power tools are red and I love the vacuum!  I was hoping for an even smaller portable to keep in the truck.  The Milwaukee portable is too handy for around the house to leave in the truck!

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎15 at 8:37 AM, Donstar said:

Do you have any Dewalt or Milwaukee power tools? I bought a Dewalt wet/dry 20v portable vacuum of Amazon for $80CAD (about $16USD lol) with no batteries as I have a few of their 20v tools. Works awesome, better than a household dust buster brand. A larger investment though if you aren't already set up with the batteries and chargers. That way your not limited to using it in just your new Chev, you can clean your classic truck and the boat with it too. I have had Dust Busters in the past for my business, they made a lot of noise and barely suck, like a few women I've known. 

• Haha 1

I have another problem.  Everytime I try to plug something it, the prongs go halfway in and it feels like it can't go in any further, like it's meeting resistance.  I don't want to apply too much pressure to get the plug in the socket for fear of breaking something.  I have reversed the plug thinking I was trying to plug it in backwards, but that's not the case.  Any suggestions?

14 minutes ago, MegaCode360 said:

I have another problem.  Everytime I try to plug something it, the prongs go halfway in and it feels like it can't go in any further, like it's meeting resistance.  I don't want to apply too much pressure to get the plug in the socket for fear of breaking something.  I have reversed the plug thinking I was trying to plug it in backwards, but that's not the case.  Any suggestions?

How old is your truck?  My outlet was pretty stiff when my truck was new. Had to really push the plugs in the first few times until it loosened up. I didn’t care if it broke because it would’ve been under warranty, but it loosened up just enough to keep the plugs in there nicely without having to really jam them in. 

45 minutes ago, Tdotsfinest said:

How old is your truck?  My outlet was pretty stiff when my truck was new. Had to really push the plugs in the first few times until it loosened up. I didn’t care if it broke because it would’ve been under warranty, but it loosened up just enough to keep the plugs in there nicely without having to really jam them in. 

Mines a 15 but I never used the plug.  I've tried maybe 2-3 times getting stuff to plug in but gave up cause it wouldn't go in.  So it really has never truly been used.  I guess I better see if I can get something in there to see if it works before my warranty is up in May haha

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 8:48 AM, Tdotsfinest said:

On 3/19/2018 at 12:05 PM, 10SierraA.T. said:

Do you have any Dewalt or Milwaukee power tools? I bought a Dewalt wet/dry 20v portable vacuum of Amazon for $80CAD (about $16USD lol) with no batteries as I have a few of their 20v tools. Works awesome, better than a household dust buster brand. A larger investment though if you aren't already set up with the batteries and chargers. That way your not limited to using it in just your new Chev, you can clean your classic truck and the boat with it too. I have had Dust Busters in the past for my business, they made a lot of noise and barely suck, like a few women I've known. 

I had pretty much given up on finding a decent portable vacuum until I stumbled upon the Milwaukee M18 compact vacuum.  Unbelievable!  It is on the heavy side for continuous hand-held operation but it is the "6.2" of all car vacuums.  It is like the big V8 in the way that it has way more pickup power than most of us will ever need, but nice to have!    I've owned the Milwaukee tool-box looking version for years and found it less portable than I wanted.  Now I need to take my dog to the beach more often so I can use my latest power tool!

• Like 1