Bluetooth diconnection

Johnny_P

Question

I have a 2016 Silverado 1500 crew cab with the I05 radio. Took it to the dealer for pairing issues and they replaced the HMI and updated firmware support from 3B020 to 4B012.  This solved the pairing issue that I was experiencing of having to repair the device every time I entered the vehicle.  Now I found that if I am on a call when entering the vehicle The call will go muted and I have to hang up and recall instead of the call transferring in the truck. (Even though it use to before the update.) Took it back to the dealer they seem to think after talking to the GMC engineer it is a software issue in the update that has disabled it. They have the same truck on the lot with an  I05 radio. They made sure the phone would transfer the call getting into the vehicle with no issues. Then they applied the updated software and same thing happened the calls will no longer transfer to the vehicle. Anyone know of a fix for this or a way to roll back the software as they say they are unable to load previous versions.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

4 answers to this question

You may want to look into what the exact wording is in the manual, then look at what the standards are that they are claiming to meet.  If they claim to meet a standard, then it does not matter if it doesn't specifically state that they support auto-handoff of a in-progress call.  Sorry I can't be more informative about this, I am just going on a gut reaction to what they said.  With the advent of Six Sigma crap, they need to really follow whatever standards they claim to meet.  They have documented whatever features they want in their software before developers create it.  Simply saying it is not in the manual does not preclude them from actually following the feature list provided during development.  I can guarantee there are features that are not documented in the manual, that does not mean those features do not have to work.  I believe the term is "easter eggs".

Sounds like the dealer is working with you at least.  You may have to wait until GM fixes the bug they introduced on the last update.  It sucks when developers do not properly test their software before checking in changes and having it released.  Keep pestering the dealer, they need to keep pestering whatever department is responsible for Bluetooth software releases.

Yes the dealership has been awesome it was the GMC engineer that was horrible, saying that they couldn't revert back to the old software and since it doesn't state in the owners manual that it should transfer when entering the vehicle then its not their problem.  And yes he did say it as I was standing there when the phone call was made!