35 x 12.5 tires

jamesgmc

Hi community!  

So 4x4 build question for folks.  I have a ‘14 GMC 2500 C/C SB Z71 with the six 0 and 4:10s.  It currently has a 3 inch lift in the front and 1 inch lift in the rear, just shy of level.  I love the GMC stock rims and really don’t want to replace them.  I have the 18x8 rims and currently have 270/75/18 Ko2s on them.  I actually do go off into jeep country, do overlanding and earthroaming with the truck and have a 12.5k Warn on it for getting unstuck, KO2s and 4 low havent failed me yet.  

Time for the question:  Does anyone know if I can safely fit 35 x 12.5 KO2s on the 18x8 rims and safely be air’d down to 35 psi if needed?  I don’t really 5th wheel or trailer with it, occassionally “Home improvement” loads from Home depot in the bed so im not really concerned with running over 65-70 psi.  All the tire places recommend atleast 18 x 8.5 rims for 35 x 12.5 tires but I’m wondering if that half inch really makes a difference since I know people run even wilder size gaps but usually on lighter vehicles like jeeps and 1/2 tons.  

Also any insight on the tires not rubbing with the factory backspacing based on my lift? 

I’d really like to get the extra 1ish ground clearance at the pumpkin from moving up to 35s (34.5).

Thanks, 

James