Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

6 minutes ago, WT16 said:

Is there a way to disable the tow mode? Bought my 2016 and it has tow mode with 3.73 gears. I get 13 mpg,thanks

I have to push the button on the end of the shift lever in my 2016 to enable/disable  tow mode

2 hours ago, WT16 said:

Is there a way to disable the tow mode? Bought my 2016 and it has tow mode with 3.73 gears. I get 13 mpg,thanks

tow mode is something you enable. its off by default. Like poster above said, you just push the button on end of gear lever to do so

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 8:53 AM, Dr Awesome said:

I couldn't figure out what what going on when my high beams started turning on by themselves, I later found out that if you double tap the brights it turns the auto high beam feature on/off.

On 5/19/2018 at 4:54 PM, hizzo3 said:

This also seems to disable if running the fog lamps.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On 11/27/2018 at 5:47 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

Auto-High-Beams are always coming on at the WRONG times, thanks, been looking for a way to disable the stupid feature.

Rolled home LATE from work last night, and since NO ONE was in front of me, as I was driving across Rosamond Dry Lake, I got to playing with my HIGHs.  If you momentarily move the turn signal arm forward for HIGHs and immediately move the arm back to neutral, it turns the Auto-High-Beams ON and OFF.  Left them on, on the way home, they came ON/OFF at more appropriate times.  They did turn OFF at one point, for no apparent reason, and right back ON again.  I observed that the BRIGHT LED traffic lights, with no street lamps nearby, would trigger the HIGHs to automatically turn OFF. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 7:04 AM, ram1067 said:

love this option! Siri reads incoming texts also, which use to give the option to reply but no longer asks! Anyone else experience this?

Not sure what happened..... 

It’s probably because you updated the iPhone and the car system still is using an older iOS version. In other words GM is behind Apples software releases.

On 2018-10-28 at 3:38 PM, duquephart said:

How many folks have gone out to their truck to find all the windows down in a driving rain? Holding the button down a bit too long is easier to do than you think, like when remote starting. And, having something press against the button while in your pocket is not unheard of. 

After reading 13 pages, someone finally asked what I was thinking!  A lot of people seem to like this feature...  I found it by accident one day and immediately thought this could do more harm than good...  and by accident meaning I must have put pressure on the unlock in my pocket long enough to activate. 

So, all my windows were down without me knowing. 

My question is, why do people LIKE this?  Is this a hot, southern climate thing where you want to let the heat out while you are walking back to your truck?  Not sure why this is such a desirable feature. 

13 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

The Alpine unit is nice.

Around $1200 if I am correct....

You are. It’s around $1600 on sale here in Canada, which converts to $1200USD...  wish I’d known when I’d gotten the truck new, but I still plan on having it for a while. 

• Sad 1

On 1/1/2019 at 8:42 PM, TCSpeedy said:

Recently discovered that Apline makes a refit audio/entertainment/nav system that actually increases the size of the screen, and provides split screen capability. I’m thinking I like it...

E07D273F-42F6-4707-9450-BA79EEC88048.jpeg

I have this one and it is nice however there is a newer version with the main differences being the new one (i209 gm) does not play cd/DVD,  has a 9" screen as opposed to 10" on this one and supporters CarPlay as well as Android Auto (this one does not but it is capable of mirroring your phone with the hdmi adapter)

IMG_1398.thumb.JPG.51b6bee8f0e4e76280ecd5656051cadc.JPG

13 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

The Alpine unit is nice.

Around $1200 if I am correct....

You are. It’s around $1600 on sale here in Canada, which converts to $1200USD...  wish I’d known when I’d gotten the truck new, but I still plan on having it for a while. 

24 minutes ago, Marv88 said:

I have this one and it is nice however there is a newer version with the main differences being the new one (i209 gm) does not play cd/DVD,  has a 9" screen as opposed to 10" on this one and supporters CarPlay as well as Android Auto (this one does not but it is capable of mirroring your phone with the hdmi adapter)

IMG_1398.thumb.JPG.51b6bee8f0e4e76280ecd5656051cadc.JPG

Love it...  tough choices!  We still love our CD’s, but Car Play could take care of that. Too bad about the screen size reduction though, I wonder if that’s to keep it reasonably priced. Does your do split screen with Nav as well?

1 minute ago, TCSpeedy said:

Love it...  tough choices!  We still love our CD’s, but Car Play could take care of that. Too bad about the screen size reduction though, I wonder if that’s to keep it reasonably priced. Does your do split screen with Nav as well?

Yes it does do split screen with Nav and I got it over the new version because it does have the cd/DVD player. Not sure if they made the changes  to keep the price reasonable as the new version retails for about $3000.00 usd I believe (around $2,000.00 on eBay). Also, the  new version uses your original trim piece however this one comes with new trim that only covers the vents on the side as it is taller with the larger screen and cd/DVD player

• Like 1