Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

59 minutes ago, Golfguy1996 said:

Someone help me out...I have my iphone7 connected via bluetooth.

However, whenever I play a video (instagram, video from my child, etc) or when I'm using Google Maps, the sound doesn't come through - of course if I switch the head unit to "Media" it will play but wondering if there's a way to keep my phone connected for phone calls but not for the "other stuff"? 

Side note, I'm not familiar with Apple Car Play. I figure someone will suggest that and I guess I need to look it up. 

nope. Has to be on media. Phone calls should still come through however. But no way to listen to radio and have media come through on car speakers. 

4 minutes ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

nope. Has to be on media. Phone calls should still come through however. But no way to listen to radio and have media come through on car speakers. 

That's the thing...I don't want the media to come through on the speakers, ha. I'm perfectly fine with listening to the radio and having my phone tell me the directions. Does Apple Car Play change that at all?

10 minutes ago, Golfguy1996 said:

That's the thing...I don't want the media to come through on the speakers, ha. I'm perfectly fine with listening to the radio and having my phone tell me the directions. Does Apple Car Play change that at all?

Im confused, for me, on my android phone, 

phone + media = everything plays through speakers

phone + radio  = everything plays through phone except phone calls which still play through speakers. 

19 minutes ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

Im confused, for me, on my android phone, 

phone + media = everything plays through speakers

phone + radio  = everything plays through phone except phone calls which still play through speakers. 

Your "phone + radio" scenario is what I would prefer. However, currently, my "phone + radio" with an iphone is nothing but radio and nothing through my phone speakers (meaning directions or video message, etc). Calls come through via car speakers.

Wondering if it's an iPhone setting...but I have no idea. Just a guess.

Edited by Golfguy1996

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:10 AM, Snow Shovel said:

Hook up your boat trailer and parking assist turns itself off.

Works in my 18 SLT, There is an option in the settings to allow this, I will try and get a picture of the setting page where I found it and post it later. I can't load pics...it's in the park Assist options.

Edited by SS502

Okay, this is probably well known in the North but I live in "Sunny" Florida. This morning it was 34 degrees and as I left for work, I got a message on my DIC that warned me of possible icing conditions on the roadways due to weather and to drive with caution. I'm an Oregon transplant and have driven in snow and ice but the true locals probably not so much so it is probably a nice feature if it is indeed received and applied. The message dismissed itself after about 10 seconds.

Edited by SS502

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:28 PM, eshire87 said:

Has anyone discovered a feature that lets me dim or turn off the backup camera display? That thing is blinding and makes it difficult to back up in the dark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:39 AM, Loco-diablo said:

Yup. There's a TSB for it. Mine was blinding as well. The software update was a 100% improvement. 

I forget the TSB number, but if you search the forum, it's been talked about a few times. 

#17-NA-269 - Rear Camera Screen Bright At Night - (Sep 13, 2017)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SS502 said:

Okay, this is probably well known in the North but I live in "Sunny" Florida. This morning it was 34 degrees and as I left for work, I got a message on my DIC that warned me of possible icing conditions on the roadways due to weather and to drive with caution. I'm an Oregon transplant and have driven in snow and ice but the true locals probably not so much so it is probably a nice feature if it is indeed received and applied. The message dismissed itself after about 10 seconds.

I wish there were a way to turn that off!  By the time I'm out of the garage and going, it warns me several blocks too late!  

And I'm not a moron, so I know if it's cold and precipitous, there could be ice on the road.  

10 minutes ago, Nick The Great said:

I wish there were a way to turn that off!  By the time I'm out of the garage and going, it warns me several blocks too late!  

And I'm not a moron, so I know if it's cold and precipitous, there could be ice on the road.  

LOL...I’ll bet you see it a lot! Living here ummm nope. The comment about being received and applied was meant for these people here that don’t even understand hydroplaning ?. I’m not used to seeing it and had to look twice because I thought there was a message telling something was wrong with the truck ?

I got those messages on my '09 as well.  It is a daily occurrence for 4 months here in Colorado.  It's a bit more obtrusive in the '18.  There are a lot of messages popping up when you're towing a trailer in freezing temperatures with a bluetooth phone connecting and a saved song being found when you first start the truck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 8:53 AM, Dr Awesome said:

I couldn't figure out what what going on when my high beams started turning on by themselves, I later found out that if you double tap the brights it turns the auto high beam feature on/off.

Auto-High-Beams are always coming on at the WRONG times, thanks, been looking for a way to disable the stupid feature.

On 7/16/2018 at 9:02 PM, kgkern01 said:

I found that if you drive in M7 on the 8-speed it will disable AFM and stay in V8 mode, I hear it does the same with the 6-speeds in M5 mode?  It also seems to do more engine braking in M7 as well?  Then when you get on the highway just go back to D or M8 to reenable V4 for cruising.

Having the transmission in Manual Mode will also disable the stupid Auto-Idle-Stop feature on some models.

On 9/19/2018 at 1:51 AM, Snow Shovel said:

Eureka!  I have found it!

I found the setting in the truck that enables the mirrors to fold with the fob.  I also found a setting called “reverse mirror tilt”.  Put the transmission in reverse and the side mirror tilts down to give you a better view of the area to the rear of the truck.  It really doesn’t make much of a difference, especially with how I have the mirrors set up.  But its all cool.  I’ll continue to play with it.

I love the reverse mirror tilt feature, especially when backing into my driveway, right up the edge of the driveway, and when backing to park in an end space.

On 10/2/2018 at 12:17 PM, sk said:

On that same screen just drag-and-drop to reorder your Favorites.  It doesn't remove the blank buttons but you can move them to the end of the list and you won't see them (unless the last screen shows some because of the Automatic setting).

In "Automatic," as long as the set of 5 (in the same set, 1-5, 6-10, etc) are blank, it will removed them.

• Like 1

Well...I REALLY hate to admit this but I’m too old to be bothered by being a tad slow! I had the tonneau (Bakflip 4) installed the day I picked up the truck in September. Until today, I did not know I had under rail bed lights. Was just sifting through the Mods section and read something about them...yeah I feel stupid but hey there is the possibility that there is someone (well maybe not) as clueless as me lol.

1 hour ago, KingOfCrate said:

When you get a call using Apple CarPlay the air will automatically lower so people can here you talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This also works on Bluetooth. My wife's 2012 Equinox had the same feature.