Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

How many folks have gone out to their truck to find all the windows down in a driving rain? Holding the button down a bit too long is easier to do than you think, like when remote starting. And, having something press against the button while in your pocket is not unheard of. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 4:38 PM, duquephart said:

How many folks have gone out to their truck to find all the windows down in a driving rain? Holding the button down a bit too long is easier to do than you think, like when remote starting. And, having something press against the button while in your pocket is not unheard of. 

well, its the unlock button, so you shouldnt be pressing it when remote starting. But yes, I've done it walking towards my vehicle one day. I turned it off after that lol.  

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 12:32 PM, cwebb1227 said:

Got my 2018 silverado about a month ago, I keep it lock in a garage at night, with the keys in the ignition.  Tried to remote start it with the onstar app and kept getting the "your engine did not start" on my phone.  Remembered it won't remote start with the keys in the ignition. BUT it will lock the doors and KEEP them locked, even with the keys in the ignition.  At least the app would still unlock the door.

Just an FYI if any one was to break into your garage and bust your window out and steal your truck your insurance will NOT cover it. 

Every insurance policy has a clause in it where they clearly state that leaving the keys in the vehicle is neglect and therefore not covered.

• Like 1

The “wheel” located next to your headlight control knob will dim it along with the rest of your gauges and lighting.

I tried that but it doesn’t change the screen when the backup cam is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 9:18 PM, eshire87 said:

I tried that but it doesn’t change the screen when the backup cam is on.

See 2 posts above yours or try the search field in the upper right corner to find the threads about this.  It's a known issue on the 2017's and there is a TSB for a software update to dim the screen when in reverse.

On 10/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, duquephart said:

You can turn that off in the settings

On 11/2/2018 at 7:28 PM, eshire87 said:

Has anyone discovered a feature that lets me dim or turn off the backup camera display? That thing is blinding and makes it difficult to back up in the dark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. There's a TSB for it. Mine was blinding as well. The software update was a 100% improvement. 

I forget the TSB number, but if you search the forum, it's been talked about a few times. 

Someone help me out...I have my iphone7 connected via bluetooth.

However, whenever I play a video (instagram, video from my child, etc) or when I'm using Google Maps, the sound doesn't come through - of course if I switch the head unit to "Media" it will play but wondering if there's a way to keep my phone connected for phone calls but not for the "other stuff"? 

Side note, I'm not familiar with Apple Car Play. I figure someone will suggest that and I guess I need to look it up.