Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

Ok, so you guys probably all know this, but this thing has computer controlled louvers to regulate airflow in front of the radiator.  Never seen such a thing.  Should help with faster warmup from cold and a bit better mileage from improved aerodynamics when the air is cold...kinda like cowl flaps on an old radial aircraft engine.

Old news, I'm sure, but was new to me.

On 1/7/2019 at 11:19 AM, cit1991 said:

Ok, so you guys probably all know this, but this thing has computer controlled louvers to regulate airflow in front of the radiator.  Never seen such a thing.  Should help with faster warmup from cold and a bit better mileage from improved aerodynamics when the air is cold...kinda like cowl flaps on an old radial aircraft engine.

Well, it isn't old news to you! I just want to caution you if you decide you want one of those grill mounted light bars...to my knowledge, nobody makes a bar that fits into the grill without modifying the active grill shutters...:thumbs:

Edited by SS502
Spelling
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cit1991 said:

That sounds like a diesel?  

2 hours ago, Fix29 said:

Negative. I have this on my 5.3L. Started in 2017 I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, TCSpeedy said:

That sounds like a diesel?  

Have them in my 18 with the 6.2 also. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SS502 said:
Well, it isn't old news to you! I just want to caution you if you decide you want one of those grill mounted light bars...to my knowledge, nobody makes a bar that fits into the grill without modifying the active grill shudders...:thumbs:

Rough Country makes a 30" curved light bar kit for the grill. Bolts right up perfectly, have one on mine.

cb2754f950f6fa58ab9a8567e845d783.jpg1315fc158252ecb3cefbfa79d75eec3e.jpg

Edited by ThatSilver2016

12 hours ago, ThatSilver2016 said:

Rough Country makes a 30" curved light bar kit for the grill. Bolts right up perfectly, have one on mine.

cb2754f950f6fa58ab9a8567e845d783.jpg1315fc158252ecb3cefbfa79d75eec3e.jpg

Do you have active grill shutters?

Edited by SS502
Spelling

55 minutes ago, TCSpeedy said:

I like the light!  

Nope, haven’t seen those louvres yet. New to me, not on my 2015 6.0L

I wonder if they would play nicely with a snowy, icy northern climate… 

Well they’ve been around for a while and I haven’t heard of anyone having problems...well other than making it difficult to fit the light bars in there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 7:45 AM, 2009GMC said:

No way to roll up with fob? 

I like the auto down feature and was showing it off but then had to get in truck and roll up with switches. 

Scrolling through this feed and I am intrigued by the idea of rolling down the windows using the unlock button on the fob as well as the ability to fold in your mirrors using the lock button on the fob.  I'm driving a 2018 Sierra and am not able to do either of these.  Do you know of a particular setting that i need to adjust or anything?

Scrolling through this feed and I am intrigued by the idea of rolling down the windows using the unlock button on the fob as well as the ability to fold in your mirrors using the lock button on the fob.  I'm driving a 2018 Sierra and am not able to do either of these.  Do you know of a particular setting that i need to adjust or anything?
My 2017 has this feature and I didn't even realize it a while back. Then I saw someone post about it having to be turned on through the in dash screen, it is under vehicle settings. Sure enough my truck has it, it just wasn't turned on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Just a quick Thank You to everyone that's contributed to this thread. I've had my '16 Silvy less then a month and have learned more from this thread than I thought possible. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Ay-Ay-Ron said:

My settings to enable or disable those features are in the infotainment system.  The mirrors are in comfort and convince (I think) and I forget where the window is located, but they are both in there if equipped on your vehicle.

• Like 1