Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

6 hours ago, parshal said:

LOL.  I just figured out the pump thing a few years ago.  I have two cars/trucks I regularly drive and the fill caps are on opposite sides.  For years I never remembered which side.  Now I look at that every time I fill up.  How'd I go a lifetime to only find that recently?!

LMAO I just discovered that in the last few years too and I thought I  was the last person on earth to know this...  so I am proud to pass title!

In my defence, I had my last truck for 17 years before this one though...

1998 GMC Sierra K1500 364,000 that I loved but was just rotting too much to work for me. Too bad...  if I’d known I was going to keep it that long I’d have had it sprayed every year. 

I gotta say, I love the thread for finding out little things I didn’t know, but for every little thing that I find out I DON’T have, I just chalk it up to being a “TRUCK”!  Don’t need all the niceties!  At least that’s my line and I’m sticking with it!

And I know I’m missing a few, I have an SLE so there is still SLT and Denali stuff I don’t have.

I love old fashioned in a truck. A good old fashioned key-turn to start the engine. A column mounted gear shift. Stuff like that. I couldn’t begin list all the Dodge drivers I know that HATE the gear shifter knob on the dash. 

6 hours ago, BillK01 said:

Didn't search entire thread to see if it was mentioned yet - but on my '18 Denali - I just noticed that when you activate "trailer mode" on the shifter - the Battery Gauge in the cluster disappears and is replaced with a Transmission Temp Gauge.

In another view when you hit the tow/haul it adds Oil pressure and Transmission temp...kind of cool.

F0920760-C724-4BD4-89A4-679A3B1D5F54.jpeg

F6ED5EDB-ED2C-4082-B73C-1FBAB623C7B9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, SS502 said:

In another view when you hit the tow/haul it adds Oil pressure and Transmission temp...kind of cool.

F0920760-C724-4BD4-89A4-679A3B1D5F54.jpeg

F6ED5EDB-ED2C-4082-B73C-1FBAB623C7B9.jpeg

You GMC guys and your fancy "clusters", dare you to go into settings, change the language, have a "few" beers and then try to get it back to English.....

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

You GMC guys and your fancy "clusters", dare you to go into settings, change the language, have a "few" beers and then try to get it back to English.....

I ain’t that fancy lol I have the SLT but did the conversion...still have my stock cluster ? oh and after a few beers...I don’t even understand English ?

On 10/27/2018 at 5:42 PM, SafetyDaveG said:

Whelp, the hold-the-unlock-button-down-to-roll-down-the-windows does not work on my '15 Z-71. :(

Doesn't work on my 2015 Z71 either.  Damn, I was looking forward to that. 

18 hours ago, SS502 said:

I ain’t that fancy lol I have the SLT but did the conversion...still have my stock cluster ? oh and after a few beers...I don’t even understand English ?

You can swap in a Denali cluster? That sounds cool, and expensive.  :)  How hard is that to do?

1 minute ago, chuckworkb said:

You can swap in a Denali cluster? That sounds cool, and expensive.  :)  How hard is that to do?

Yes and not really cheap but super easy after you get the cluster and have it programmed!

On 1/26/2019 at 3:42 PM, chuckworkb said:

Doesn't work on my 2015 Z71 either.  Damn, I was looking forward to that. 

My 2015 Silverado LT does it.  You need to enable it in the settings menu.

ADDED IN EDIT:

Sorry -- I replied before I saw your follow-up post!!

Edited by sk

Vehicle

Personalization, Vehicle,

Climate and Air Quality

Select and the following may

display:

. Auto Fan Speed

. Auto Rear Defog

Auto Fan Speed

This feature will set the auto fan

speed.

Select Low, Medium, or High.