Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

My previous truck was a '04 F150 FX4 which definitely didn't have it; only learned about it with the F550 at work.  I had the push button start in my '14 Ram Laramie... soooo glad my '16 doesn't have it, I may not have bought it if it did.  Push button start and keyless entry is all well and good until the truck doesn't recognize the fob... had to get 2 new fobs and 2 sets of batteries for said fobs in 10k miles on that truck (which of course requires dealer visits).  I'll take an actual key... and wish those keys didn't have these damn chips in them so I could make copies at the hardware store!  Amazed though that in '16 GM has a separate fob from the metal key and not a once-piece unit like my '03 E46... double the things dangling off my key chain is obnoxious.

I had great luck with my keyless enter and go push button in my ‘13 charger. I actually miss it. (Not having a car tho hahaha). But you can buy and program those fobs the same as any other yourself and get them cheap off eBay. I’ve done it 2wice now with the Wife’s CTS. (Once for her 2010, and again when we got her a 2015). Bought both used and both only came with 1 fob. So I bought the second ones cheap and programmed them myself with the car. There’s ALMOST always a way around the stealership. It just costs you your time for the research and the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My previous truck was a '04 F150 FX4 which definitely didn't have it; only learned about it with the F550 at work.  I had the push button start in my '14 Ram Laramie... soooo glad my '16 doesn't have it, I may not have bought it if it did.  Push button start and keyless entry is all well and good until the truck doesn't recognize the fob... had to get 2 new fobs and 2 sets of batteries for said fobs in 10k miles on that truck (which of course requires dealer visits).  I'll take an actual key... and wish those keys didn't have these damn chips in them so I could make copies at the hardware store!  Amazed though that in '16 GM has a separate fob from the metal key and not a once-piece unit like my '03 E46... double the things dangling off my key chain is obnoxious.

I had great luck with my keyless enter and go push button in my ‘13 charger. I actually miss it. (Not having a car tho hahaha). But you can buy and program those fobs the same as any other yourself and get them cheap off eBay. I’ve done it 2wice now with the Wife’s CTS. (Once for her 2010, and again when we got her a 2015). Bought both used and both only came with 1 fob. So I bought the second ones cheap and programmed them myself with the car. There’s ALMOST always a way around the stealership. It just costs you your time for the research and the work.

41 minutes ago, slide187 said:

I'm not paying for warranty work. ;)

Find, program yadda yadda... just more of a hassle I'd prefer to not deal with, like computers in general.  But then again, 2 of my daily drivers are old enough to have separate door and ignition keys, and require setting the choke before starting... the less tech, the better.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 12:16 PM, rws06 said:

New member and 1st post:

2018 SLT... Using the "presets" on the radio, I learned that you can "swipe up" to display more presets on the screen and you can also "swipe left/right" if you have the settings to show more presets.

Yup, could even do this in my '15.  I stumbled on this one by mere accident, one night.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:16 PM, TCSpeedy said:

...and you can swipe left from the middle of the main screen to send the display to the driver info centre screen!

Think that I've heard this one before, but haven't been able to do it, yet.  Does it work with only the screens on the radio or can you also do this with CarPlay screens?

On 2019-06-07 at 5:59 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

Yup, could even do this in my '15.  I stumbled on this one by mere accident, one night.

Think that I've heard this one before, but haven't been able to do it, yet.  Does it work with only the screens on the radio or can you also do this with CarPlay screens?

I’ve only ever tried it with the radio screen to be honest, and I find it a bit of a gimmick. You can get there with the control buttons on the steering wheel anyway, and I’ve never really found this to be a “must have” option. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 11:11 AM, Boardmember said:

After 8500 miles, I’ve discovered that you can precisely cut a piece of wood, drill a hole to insert a key ring in one end and hang it on the tab inside the gas cap.   And when you fill up with a gas nozzle that has the ratchet catch removed, you have a prop immediately available.   So you don’t have to stand there holding the handle while filling.   

This, after I discovered there wasn’t a gas cap to use for this purpose, like my ‘16 had.   

I keep an empty Chapstick in my console when the gas pumps don’t have the locking handle. Been doing this for years

One Hidden feature i discovered, at 120k miles was that the Torque Converter likes to explode :)

This leaves you with a nice and empty wallet. 

Edited by Ozer
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2018 at 7:27 AM, Gary Shull said:

My '17 Silvy has all 4 auto down and up. I found this out by pinching my rotties ear , thought I just bumped it up a few inches but went auto and got him. He wasnt too happy with me.

how you get your 17to go up?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, no12nv said:

how you get your 17to go up?

Should be only the driver's window, from the driver's door panel.  I'd also like to know how he got it to do all of them.

Edited by 71GMC_3/4T

While towing my new travel trailer last week, slowing down for a turn, slight downhill but not braking, the truck suddenly down-shifted and revs went up to 5,000+.

Looked down and the DIC said "Grade braking activated". Cool! I thought that was only on diesels.

9 minutes ago, Brummie99 said:

While towing my new travel trailer last week, slowing down for a turn, slight downhill but not braking, the truck suddenly down-shifted and revs went up to 5,000+.

Looked down and the DIC said "Grade braking activated". Cool! I thought that was only on diesels.

it works pretty good too 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brummie99 said:

I had this on my 2014 Silverado too. 

8 hours ago, Brummie99 said:

My truck does it also, but not all the time. I haven't figured out why or when.... It's kind of random....