Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

6 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Just unplug steering position sensor on your steering column, no more Stabilatrak. 

I've heard of guys having ABS, Stabilitrak, and Traction Control all disabled when a speed sensor goes bad in the wheel. I think the switch I posted a link to earlier <http://www.tuningbyshanehinds.com/2014-12-gm-truck-stabilitrak-disabler> just toggles the speed sensor on and off.

Do you know where the steering position sensor is located on the steering column so I can try it out? I haven't looked it up yet. I wonder if a toggle switch could be spliced in line with that.

Do you know where the steering position sensor is located on the steering column so I can try it out? I haven't looked it up yet. I wonder if a toggle switch could be spliced in line with that.

It is facing the floor about where your ankles would be. It has four wires I think so a toggle switch would need a wiring diagram to see which wires need switching, or a four pole switch.

Sent using Tapatalk - 2014 5.3 WT

While towing my new travel trailer last week, slowing down for a turn, slight downhill but not braking, the truck suddenly down-shifted and revs went up to 5,000+.

Looked down and the DIC said "Grade braking activated". Cool! I thought that was only on diesels.

It's real startling when you have an aftermarket exhaust. First time it happened after my exhaust it nearly scared the sh!t out of me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/18/2019 at 8:17 PM, durandetto said:

It's real startling when you have an aftermarket exhaust. First time it happened after my exhaust it nearly scared the sh!t out of me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I freaking love grade braking with my Borla system. Get a very nice growl and some sweet burbling too ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am THRILLED to find out about the automatic folding mirror option using the key fob!!!  Because I have the towing mirrors I always manually hit the button to open and close them.  Unfortunately, I often forget to fold them in when I get out and have to go back.  If I fold them before I get out of the truck then I have crack open the door and twist around to see behind me when parked on the street.   NO MORE!!   Yay!!!!     So thanks to you guys for pointing this feature out !    Cheers!

Dak

• Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 4:40 AM, Snow Shovel said:

I don't know what to tell you.  It's a 2018 Sierra SLT.  I hook up the boat trailer, put the transmission in drive, and after a few seconds parking assist turns itself off.  I get a message on the DIC and the light on the parking assist switch extinguishes.  

Since I've seen this thread, I've been playing with the fob and the settings in the truck.  I've been able to make the windows go down using the fob.  I haven't been able to make the mirrors fold using the fob.

Works on my 18

• 4 weeks later...

It's more a bug than a feature (same thing to a salesman), but if you put a folder with various artists on a USB stick and browse it, all of the songs in the various artists folder will be broken out into their own folders. So if you have 1 folder with 15 different artists on the USB stick, you will see 15 folders with one song in each one when browsing it. But my truck is possessed so YMMV.

I haven't seen any settings to change how the folders are displayed. Not a big deal but it kind of sucks.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, typ0 said:

It's more a bug than a feature (same thing to a salesman), but if you put a folder with various artists on a USB stick and browse it, all of the songs in the various artists folder will be broken out into their own folders. So if you have 1 folder with 15 different artists on the USB stick, you will see 15 folders with one song in each one when browsing it. But my truck is possessed so YMMV.

I haven't seen any settings to change how the folders are displayed. Not a big deal but it kind of sucks.

That may explain why if I start a playlist, after I shut off the truck and start it back up, it will not continue where I left off.

6 hours ago, Nick The Great said:

There should be a "Folder View" you can go into.  I believe it's a little buried, but I know I have a folder full of assorted songs, and they can all show up.  

It may be under the menu or something like that.  

I'll look into it, this weekend.  Otherwise, I'll have to pull all of the songs up to the surface and redo my playlists.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed my illuminated bowtie this afternoon/evening, and was playing with the lights on my truck, to see how it worked, let alone if it worked.

Discovered that the "fogs" do NOT come on unless the engine is running.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Installed my illuminated bowtie this afternoon/evening, and was playing with the lights on my truck, to see how it worked, let alone if it worked.

Discovered that the "fogs" do NOT come on unless the engine is running.

Also you have to turn them on every time you start the truck and turn on the lights. It's a GM thing that I don't quite understand.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, doropallo said:

Also you have to turn them on every time you start the truck and turn on the lights. It's a GM thing that I don't quite understand.

I knew that from my 2015.  If you want to have fogs on all of the time, you have to jumper them with a diode.

Also, if you're driving during the day, and turn on the fogs, all of your lights come on like you're driving at night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

I knew that from my 2015.  If you want to have fogs on all of the time, you have to jumper them with a diode.

Also, if you're driving during the day, and turn on the fogs, all of your lights come on like you're driving at night.

Not on my 2016, all the lights come on except for the headlights, like turning on the parking lights.