Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

17 minutes ago, alkrisma said:

E1EB9051-736F-4A50-950B-725826FC0180.jpeg

I'd love for you to show me in these screenshots from the manual where it specifically mentions Grade Assist Braking, which is 100% DIFFERENT from Hill Assist whats meant for steep slopes.  The mode I am referring to activates when I'm on the freeway going down a grade at 20-40 mph, not a steep gravel road.

9 minutes ago, Sir Dan said:

Check out this thread.  6 and 8 speeds are different also I believe.  

I just read through that thread... That talks about Turning the feature on and off.  I'm asking about how to manually activate it the same way it's triggered by light brake pressure and temp. I WANT to have it kick in on certain grades where it works well, but it only does when its hot out.

1 hour ago, Sir Dan said:

Grade braking is active by default. You hold in the tow haul button for like 5 seconds to toggle it on/off. It is then reset to on with every key cycle. The owners manual is great for things like this you know....

Don't tell me. I've only read a K2 owner's manual once, right before my purchase fell through. ?

1 hour ago, Sir Dan said:

You can't just turn it on. The computers decide when it wants to turn it on. Sorry. You can always just use manual mode and down shift. 

Bummer.  That's the problem I was hoping to avoid.  Grade Assist Braking doesn't require throttle modulation to keep a constant speed.  Using Manual Mode does.  

Thanks anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone figured out a way to keep the front Daytime Running LEDs active while also using the turn signal on 16-18 LTZ? I've had numerous people tell me I have a headlight burnt out because it disables the light when the blinker is active. I just tell them thanks as I don't want to explain what's going on:-)

Has anyone figured out a way to keep the front Daytime Running LEDs active while also using the turn signal on 16-18 LTZ? I've had numerous people tell me I have a headlight burnt out because it disables the light when the blinker is active. I just tell them thanks as I don't want to explain what's going on:-)

That does make your turn signal more visible, my old dodge did the same thing.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, XPSer said:

First time I saw it on my nephew's vehicle I almost said something to him, but I figured out.  Maybe people will learn eventually.

1 hour ago, XPSer said:

Welcome to the site.

This is what mine looks like when I have the park lights on:

100-5.jpg

100-6.jpg

100-7.jpg

5 hours ago, XPSer said:

Hmmmm. How did you get them this way?

Park lights on (not headlights, but will work the same) and had the hazards on. 3 pictures in sequence from top to bottom.

I like the look of the yellow LED's on the LTZ, and was asking if anyone knew how to change the "hue" from white to yellow when the lights were on, no luck.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 4:32 PM, XPSer said:

Hmmmm. How did you get them this way?

Those are LTZ headlamps. LT and the rest have a halogen lower element.