Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

1 minute ago, Ravenkeeper said:

NO, daytime in AUTO, the headlights are OFF, even with the turn signal stock in HIGH BEAMS.  When you turn the wipers on, after a few seconds, your headlights will turn ON and be able to notice it, because the HIGHs are ON, because the HIGH BEAM indicator will come on.

Ah, makes sense, thanks, Chris! :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Figured this one out today. Found I was getting an oil change notice every time I started the truck. I have only had it a couple of weeks and the oil seems clean and I see on the Car fax that the oil was changed within a couple of hundred miles, so I reset the oil percentage on the DIC and no more chimes on startup.

I forgot to add that my remote start did not work twice so I thought it may have had something to do with the low oil percentage It did.

Reset the oil percentage and remote start works again.

Edited by No Tyme
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2022 at 5:12 PM, No Tyme said:

Figured this one out today. Found I was getting an oil change notice every time I started the truck. I have only had it a couple of weeks and the oil seems clean and I see on the Car fax that the oil was changed within a couple of hundred miles, so I reset the oil percentage on the DIC and no more chimes on startup.

I forgot to add that my remote start did not work twice so I thought it may have had something to do with the low oil percentage It did.

Your RS wouldn't work because you needed to reset the oil change?

On 5/17/2022 at 3:12 PM, No Tyme said:

57 minutes ago, Tyler Gibbs said:

Your RS wouldn't work because you needed to reset the oil change?

Yeah, I don’t understand that either, why if it wouldn’t let you start remotely was it letting you start it normally?  Maybe to draw the driver’s attention to service needing to be done.  

@No Tyme, was the “CEL” on?  I know the remote start will not work with CEL on. 

Started fine with key... Only thing I know is that I had twice tried to remote start and it didn't work and when I finally reset the 9% oil message at startup in the DIC it has worked since. My Car Fax showed oil change at the selling dealership and it looked clean so I am assuming the tech didn't reset the reminder. It must trigger a reminder at 10% and I think that is why my remote start didn't work... I am assuming this but haven't seen anyone verify that is what was happening.

Edited by No Tyme

• 1 year later...
On 7/19/2018 at 10:46 AM, Ozer said:

If your truck is parked and unlocked, you open the door and hit the lock button to say lock your doors w/o the key the chime will be heard and then about 10 seconds later the doors will actually lock.

I found this by accident when i was leaving and noticed my doors unlocked, keys in the house and i tried locking it and closing the door but i heard the chime and nothing happened so i figured it wasnt working.

As i was launching my OnStar app to lock the doors the horn sounded and doors locked.

Not sure what will happen if you left your keys inside the truck

On 2014 Silvy, it locks up tight and then you call AAA to get both sets of keys and your cell out of the truck. That pause before it locks is just long enough to let you realize you didn't mean to lock it yet!

On 10/8/2023 at 7:22 PM, Cyndie said:

On 2014 Silvy, it locks up tight and then you call AAA to get both sets of keys and your cell out of the truck. That pause before it locks is just long enough to let you realize you didn't mean to lock it yet!

That's why I had this installed ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1