2018 Bargains

So, I had no intention on buying a new truck. I had a 2015 Silverado that was wonderful. However, if you have been at all thinking about getting a newer truck... now is the time (and no I'm not in sales)- contact some dealers and ask about their 2018s. Basically, depending on the dealer inventory, they're selling them cheaper often than a certified pre-owned truck on their same lot. Obviously with 2019s, they want to lots cleared for those redesigned.

Just a mention to those interested....

Agreed. I almost pulled the trigger on one this weekend also. 18% off on LTZ and High Counties at my dealership with other sales 18 fully loaded High Country for less than $44,000. Too bad they didn't have any trucks with standard beds. Just short beds. Although I really want to see these 19's before I do anything 

On 6/4/2018 at 10:13 PM, Parker Somerfield said:

Agreed. I have a local dealer that has all 2018 Denali Seirras 15-17k off

I was just gonna say this. Dealers in my area have $16k off Denali's right now. Some crazy good deals to be had.

• 2 weeks later...

Dealers definitely dumping the ‘18’s. I’ve had 2 offers in the mail and 2 in email for a trade on my ‘15. Offering $33,500 in trade plus $14k off a new Denali. 

Still im going to wait on the ‘19. I agree the current design is starting to look dated.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep. Exactly why I bought my '18 High Country. Saved almost $20k with discounts and incentives. Was lucky to find one in Pearl totally loaded with High Desert Package, etc. Sure, I still have to use the fob to open the doors and put a key into a hole to start it - but other than that is has everything I could want. 

I don't yet care for the look of the '19s - I think they are trying to make them look too much like the crossovers in the front. A truck should look more like a truck. But the biggest reason I didn't want a '19 was because of the asinine engine shut-off "feature" they are putting on them. The worst thing you can do to your engine is start it... and this technology is a sham being sold to people so they'll feel good about themselves. I'll spend the extra $12 a year on the gas at the red light, and save the $1500 a year on a new starter and other damage.

• Like 1

Depends on your dealer, mine is offering 10k off + 0% which is as good as it gets. Now, my friend just had a kid and needed to jump from a dbl cab to a crew. So he goes in and picks out a nice 18 LT+ with leather. His old truck is a 16 WT Midnight. He put zero down on it and still owes $30k (CAD). We both talked about it and checked Canadian Black Book (Kelly Blue Book in Canada). We concluded that he could expect $27-29 for his current truck. Now the dealer went and said no, we are giving you $10k off your new one and 0% so we can only afford to give you $18k for your current truck. So basically, GM is giving you 10k off, but depending on how slimy the dealer is they may try to get it back on the trade, that way the dealer isn't out any potential money, only GM and the customer are. 

Needless to say I told him not to do the deal because your trade isn't even paying off its own loan, therefor it would be more beneficial to just let it rot in your driveway for that price. So what did he do? Signed the papers...

Depends on your dealer, mine is offering 10k off + 0% which is as good as it gets. Now, my friend just had a kid and needed to jump from a dbl cab to a crew. So he goes in and picks out a nice 18 LT+ with leather. His old truck is a 16 WT Midnight. He put zero down on it and still owes $30k (CAD). We both talked about it and checked Canadian Black Book (Kelly Blue Book in Canada). We concluded that he could expect $27-29 for his current truck. Now the dealer went and said no, we are giving you $10k off your new one and 0% so we can only afford to give you $18k for your current truck. So basically, GM is giving you 10k off, but depending on how slimy the dealer is they may try to get it back on the trade, that way the dealer isn't out any potential money, only GM and the customer are. 

Needless to say I told him not to do the deal because your trade isn't even paying off its own loan, therefor it would be more beneficial to just let it rot in your driveway for that price. So what did he do? Signed the papers...

So he starts the deal -$12k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically he is giving away his old truck for free and paying full price at 0% for the new one. Because they deducted 10k off the new truck, they took that off the trade, which means he still owes 10 on after the trade, which gets added back on the payment schedule of the new truck. So he is essentially paying sticker price for a new truck, with 0% and effectively giving away his old one. 

Financial knowledge is key to living a safe and happy life. People need to understand money and how transactions like this work or you will get taken advantage of. 

Edited by 10SierraA.T.