Replacement speakers

Ok all you audio guys, I need your opinions.  I am thinking about replacing the door speakers on my 2017 non Bose Silverado. I know nothing about audio, except that my factory speakers crackle a little. Need your opinions about best replacement speakers.  Also should I replace the speakers in the dash, and how hard are they to replace?  Thank you!

Replacing speakers is easy. Only problem is it probably wont be or get as loud as the oem ones because on the minimal power 
Would it help if you put the speakers on its own amp?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Boardmember said:

I’m curious.  Does that mean the OEM speakers are super efficient, more so than anything else on the market?

They have a lower "rms" so need less power. But they sound like trash 

3 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

Would it help if you put the speakers on its own amp?

Yes but then you have the chime and bluetooth issue if not done correctly 

Yes but then you have the chime and bluetooth issue if not done correctly 
Good to know, I'll have a shop doing the work so I should be ok. Do you have any recommendations on brands that won't break the bank? I don't want to compete in any audio competitions.

6 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

Good to know, I'll have a shop doing the work so I should be ok. Do you have any recommendations on brands that won't break the bank? I don't want to compete in any audio competitions.

I do not. As the only correct way I know of is an "expensive" processor. And I hope your shop knows about these trucks or else it wont be right 

• Like 1

Check out Crutchfield.  They have great tech support.  I purchased my replacements through them and if you have any questions you can call.  They have everything you need to replace your system on most vehicles and direction on how to do it.

• Like 1

I replaced all door speakers with these Kickers got speakers adapters and wiring harnesses from crutchfield. Running them off stock head unit great improvement over stock.45b1c39b2db8a60167e8c697e303a75f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes my truck is a crewcab dome the doors didn't change the dash speakers.

Thanks. I just add the kicker substage set and wanted to do my speakers next. How big of a improvement was it over factory?

I second the vote on using Crutchfield! They have great customer service and products. They will also include instuctions, wires/connectors, and the speaker housing adapters that are compatible with the truck... Litterally everything you'll need.

Additionally, I chose to leave the dash speakers. They are a very odd size where I could only find a couple speakers that would be an easy swap. The only issue is the replacement ones I found weren't much better than the stocks, so I figured why bother. 

I installed:

Front Door: Rockford Fosgate POWER T1693 (6x9)

Rear Door: POWER T1650 (6.5)

With the same bass setting and same volume as stock speakers they are louder clearer and the bass is deeper. Gonna add sound deadening in the doors.

Thanks. I just add the kicker substage set and wanted to do my speakers next. How big of a improvement was it over factory?