2015 chevy 1500 lt. Reverse back up lights.

Has anybody used these?

I tried to put bright(er) lights in my reverse lights and it made them just not work at all.

How would I go about wiring this up to work with reverse lights? Would I need a resistor?b2761093826d3d6eed16cef7ca6cae40.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I haven’t used those but I added similar ones onto the trailer hitch. I bought the rigid industries ones which came with a full wire harness. It runs off a switch in my cab that can be on either all the time. Never or on with reverse lights. To get the on with reverse lights. You just t tap into one of the reverse light wires in the taillight. Or you can go to the trailer hitch wire. What connection did it come with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put some cheap LED lights in my truck's reverse lights and they work fine. Still not the same as having flood lights back there.

Back-up Buddy makes some nice heavy duty light mounts that you can install with or without a hitch. They plug into the trailer plug so they just go on with the trucks normal reverse. They are pricier than the one you found though.

http://www.back-upbuddy.com/products.asp

On 6/20/2018 at 2:53 PM, hondarider94 said:

What leds did you buy for reverse lights?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Got mine off ebay, not expensive at all. I just look for the bulbs with the brightest smd LEDs. 

19 hours ago, MHPrior80 said:

Could also do something like I did as well if you are brave enough. 

2D1C75D7-E1E5-4322-8BCB-7A0E2E0A9D21.jpeg

I did this on my 01 Tahoe and loved it, especially since I had limo tint on all the rear windows. These paired with a good reverse camera are perfect. 

1 minute ago, 15BlueSilverado said:

I did this on my 01 Tahoe and loved it, especially since I had limo tint on all the rear windows. These paired with a good reverse camera are perfect. 

Agreed!  Love these at night. I’m just debating now if I wanna pit some VHT night shade on them to kinda match the black headlight and tail lights 

• Like 1