2016 Silverado 1500 Brake upgrades?

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked several times already, but wanted to upgrade the front and rear brakes on the Silverado.

Found that Powerstop makes a full setup kit, which has front and rear rotors and pads, for around $425.00

Also thought about piecing the kit together EBC rotors and pads, Hawk pads etc.? 

Wanted to know what you guys are running, and open to suggestions...

Not towing, or running heavy loads, just want a good stopping power with NO brake rotor warping.

Its a daily.

13 minutes ago, jamoka3 said:

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked several times already, but wanted to upgrade the front and rear brakes on the Silverado.

Found that Powerstop makes a full setup kit, which has front and rear rotors and pads, for around $425.00

Also thought about piecing the kit together EBC rotors and pads, Hawk pads etc.? 

Not towing, or running heavy loads, just want a good stopping power with NO brake rotor warping.

Its a daily.

Baer makes a cheaper system for our trucks. Ots like 700 an axle    i might go to that

1 hour ago, jamoka3 said:

Its a daily.

I just put on EBC slotted front rotors and Heavy Duty Towing/Trailering Brakes for the front.  Without question better...should have done it sooner.  I will be doing the rears in time with exact setup.  Also the brake dust is slightly worse than factory so that makes me happy

I went with PowerStop Z36 Truck & Tow pads with Centric rotors and ATE Type 200 brake fluid. Love the combination and have been very happy with it. Think it only set me back under $300 IIRC.

Also, I had changed them out because my rotors were beyond warped. So far, not a single vibration ad I have over 20K really hard miles on them.

Edited by Ericruiz911
  • Like 1

I put the z36 pads and their rotors on front and back about 6 or 7 months ago. Still a good upgrade. Brakes stop nice and smooth with no shudder at any speed. I'm happy with mine.

18 hours ago, TheBlackPearl said:

Am I the only **** that is satisfied with the factory brakes? lol

Im good with stock brakes because i went down in tire size. But most people just want the looks    they just won't say it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nasty said:

Im good with stock brakes because i went down in tire size. But most people just want the looks    they just won't say it

I want the looks because the stock brakes look small behind these 22s, as well as performance 

Does any one know if anyone makes brackets to mount any of the factory GM 4 and 6 piston calipers to our trucks?  

I know someone used to make brackets for the C6 Z06 brakes to fit GM800 trucks,  I think the brakes are still basically the same.  I also have 6 pairs of 4 piston Brembos from Camaro SS and Caddy ATS that would be great if I could get to work.  

24 minutes ago, qwank said:

I want the looks because the stock brakes look small behind these 22s, as well as performance 

Does any one know if anyone makes brackets to mount any of the factory GM 4 and 6 piston calipers to our trucks?  

I know someone used to make brackets for the C6 Z06 brakes to fit GM800 trucks,  I think the brakes are still basically the same.  I also have 6 pairs of 4 piston Brembos from Camaro SS and Caddy ATS that would be great if I could get to work.  

I agree but i like running small wheels. So im shit out of luck. Bear does make a slightly bigger front a rear brake setup for our trucks. 700 an axle.  If i were to 20s id get them becsuse minimum wheel size is 19"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nasty said:

I agree but i like running small wheels. So im shit out of luck. Bear does make a slightly bigger front a rear brake setup for our trucks. 700 an axle.  If i were to 20s id get them becsuse minimum wheel size is 19"

I like the GM kit with the 16'' rotors, but it's $2200 bucks for just a front kit.  I'm sure I could piece something together way cheaper.  I'll look at the Baers 

Edited by qwank

9 minutes ago, qwank said:

I like the GM kit with the 16'' rotors, but it's $2200 bucks for just a front kit.  I'm sure I could piece something together way cheaper.  I'll look at the Baers 

I think theyre about an inch bigger maybe 1.5. Uses stock calipers

https://baer.com/EradiSpeed-Rotors-GMT900-SUV/

• Like 1