What's the next mod we all want Phil Gamboa to figure out?

9 hours ago, robert.fousek.1 said:

I would like to see someone come up with something to keep the back up camera from getting water droplets all over it first thing in the morning, and a rainstorm, after a rainstorm… LOL. That thing is practically unusable down here in Florida after any kind of rainfall or first thing in the morning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe try wiping it with rain-x or waxing it.

10 hours ago, Enough said:

One touch power up for all windows. Why just the driver's window ?

Good call.

For those of you old enough to remember the tv show "Married with Children," I feel like we're all Peg with her whining voice saying "Phiiiiillll, can you...?" Like when she used to say "Aaaaaal, can you rub my feat...?"

• Like 4

Good call.

For those of you old enough to remember the tv show "Married with Children," I feel like we're all Peg with her whining voice saying "Phiiiiillll, can you...?" Like when she used to say "Aaaaaal, can you rub my feat...?"

Oh yeah! One of my favorite shows I used to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For us LTZ/HC guys, how about a way to run the bottom LED switchbacks as DRLs along with the normal DRL strip? Think it would look cool to have both LED strips on, but not the orange markers on the sides. Not sure it’s possible, but figured it’s worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/7/2018 at 9:46 AM, wforrest08 said:

I would like Phil to “mod” the search feature on this forum to find the thread(s) we’re looking for...

3/4s of the time I give up and use Google and find them. Perfect example is the HUD thread. Type in HUD in the search on here and it says found 0 results go to Google type in 2015 Silverado HUD the first thing that comes up is the HUD thread on this site. Maybe it’s just me? I don’t get it...

When you start typing something in the Search bar a small dropdown menu will appear beside the bar.  For some stupid reason it defaults to "This Topic".  Change it to "This Forum", or "Topics", or "All Content" and you will get more hits.  Or at the bottom of the dropdown is "Advanced Search" and you can try that.

On 7/9/2018 at 12:03 PM, ChristopherDB said:

With the LED lights on these trucks I don't think it becomes any more difficult to distinguish the turn signal from DRL. I often see vehicles with their DRL off on the turn signal side, which not only looks strange but is confusing because it looks like they have a dead light.in.

That's because it's a federal law.  The code says that no light within so many inches of the turn signal can be brighter than the turn signal.  Most white DRL's are brighter than the amber turns so the manufacturers need to turn off the white lights while the ambers are illuminated to meet the requirements of the law.

I agree it looks stupid ...

That's because it's a federal law.  The code says that no light within so many inches of the turn signal can be brighter than the turn signal.  Most white DRL's are brighter than the amber turns so the manufacturers need to turn off the white lights while the ambers are illuminated to meet the requirements of the law.

I agree it looks stupid ...
That was a recent rule change because I believe the 2014 models the DRL still stays on during the turn signal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Since we are asking him to do things. I'd like him to figure out how I can use a single home link buttons to turn on and off the LED lights. It seems from the wireless kits that it's two independent signals so I would have to use 2 home link buttons.

1 hour ago, Rock1500 said:

Since we are asking him to do things. I'd like him to figure out how I can use a single home link buttons to turn on and off the LED lights. It seems from the wireless kits that it's two independent signals so I would have to use 2 home link buttons.

Great idea! I wonder if using the HomeLink buttons could be tied into activating things like LED light bars and such. Might just need some sort of receiver on the light bar is all.

Great idea! I wonder if using the HomeLink buttons could be tied into activating things like LED light bars and such. Might just need some sort of receiver on the light bar is all.
Products are there.

Somaer LED Light Bar Remote Control Switch, Wireless Controller Transmitter & Receiver ON/OFF Strobe Flash Pulse for LED Light Bar Wiring Harness / Fog Light Wiring Harness / Spot Light Wiring Harnes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1FBSIL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_4X7rBbVAJKVPS

This is the stand alone but you can get the whole wiring harness wireless as well. My only issue is that it requires 2 buttons to work. One for on and one for off.

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2018 at 2:34 PM, Rock1500 said:

That was a recent rule change because I believe the 2014 models the DRL still stays on during the turn signal.

No the rule has been around for a long time.  The 2014 Silvy's have halogen DRLs not LED so they are not brighter than the amber turn signals.